Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0

4 months 1 day ago #336553 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
Are you sure that auto action is what is causing the emails to send? Try unpublishing it and see if those emails still send. You may have something else sending those emails.

but if we go that route it won't prevent the other members getting notifications logged for groups they aren't part of right?

Again that notification only sends to members of the group. I suspect you've something else causing emails to send to everyone. Will retest this tomorrow, but it was extensively tested already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 1 day ago #336554 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity fail to upgrade to 6.0.0
I'll test that today. Thanks and sorry for keeping you up so late in Europe :)
Have a good night!

Own Your Own Community!

4 months 1 day ago #336558 by AlanJones
So quick update:
I tested on a small test site with 3 users. 2 of them in one group.

1 - Post on Group Activity"
- 2 users logged activity (one in the group and one not). User sending didn't log activity.
- The post appeared in activity feed only for those in the group.
- 2 users received emails  (one in the group and one not). User sending didn't get an email.

2 - Switched off the new AutoAction for sending email
- exact same result except no emails were sent.

3 - Posted comment on one of the posts
- 2 users logged activity (one in the group and one not). User sending didn't log activity.
- The comment appeared in activity feed only for those in the group.
- 2 users received emails  (one in the group and one not). User sending didn't get an email.

Own Your Own Community!

4 months 1 day ago #336571 by krileon
I've retested CB Activity > Notifications > Activity > Create (Group) and seams to be working perfectly fine in my tests with Recipients set to Group. It only notifies the members of the group I posted in. Notifications of course exclude ones self as notifying yourself about your own post is a bit strange. Note the recipients need to have "Create of new post" set to "Yes" under the groups notification page as well.

It sounds like you've auto actions still logging activity and that's where all the weirdness maybe coming from. Did you unpublish your custom auto actions? If not those are still going to work because the save triggers did not change. If the system actions still exist run Reinstall System Actions in CB Auto Actions > System Actions so it can delete those.

3 - Posted comment on one of the posts

There is no group specific notification for commenting on group posts. Post comment notifications notify the post owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 day ago #336581 by AlanJones
Thanks. Same result
I unpublished all my auto actions, except the one I setup yesterday. I reinstalled system actions.
I get the same result. All members get notified and emailed... If I unpublish the remaining auto action no emails get sent but all users get a notification.
Very strange... I don't understand why.

Own Your Own Community!

4 months 1 day ago #336584 by krileon
I don't know what more to suggest. I've retested it several times now and works fine. The only reason for everyone to be notified is if Recipients is set to All Users. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look at your configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn