CB Login with Joomla SEF

14 years 11 months ago #101223 by PhilH
CB Login with Joomla SEF was created by PhilH
I read that others have the CB login working fine with Joomla SEF on but turning on Joomla SEF disables the CB login.

With SEF on the only way to login is to make User Menu public and shows Profile and Use Lists menu selections. If I select Profile or User Lists I get the standard "You do not have permission...." message. With this message still displayed I attempt to login and the login is successful.

The only way I have been able to get the login to work properly with User menu set to Public is to turn Joomla SEF off. If SEF is on, the system acts like I never tried to login. The Username and pass boxes just return to empty. No error messages occur.

I have run all the tools. No errors.

This is not a new site and typically I do not difficulty installing and running extensions on my server.

If I missed a pertinent post with a solution in my search please point it out.

Any suggestions?

Site removed link

[code:1]Database Version: 4.1.22-standard
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.10 [/code:1]

Post edited by: PhilH, at: 2009/07/05 19:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101246 by RyanBriscall
Replied by RyanBriscall on topic Re:CB Login with Joomla SEF
SEF is the Search Engine Friendly URLs system. I can't see why this would affect your CB login.

Then again, I turn off all my SEF settings and I let a custom component called 'sh404SEF' take over and do my SEF.

14 years 11 months ago #101341 by PhilH
Replied by PhilH on topic Re:CB Login with Joomla SEF
Thanks for the reply Ryan. There is certainly a relationship between SEF and CB.

I dorked around with this a bit more then installed sh404SEF as you suggested. Problem resolved.

I hate to have to install a 2nd extension just to get a primary extension to work. Perhaps the devs or mods will have some ideas.

14 years 11 months ago #101351 by RyanBriscall
Replied by RyanBriscall on topic Re:CB Login with Joomla SEF
I agree.

I can only say that you may feel better if you think of sh404SEF as the 'replacement' for SEF. With this type of mentality, SEF is now out of the picture completely, and sh404SEF is what you're focused on and utilize.

When I setup a fresh Joomla install, the first thing I do is 'replace' the SEF with sh404SEF.

PhilH wrote:

I hate to have to install a 2nd extension just to get a primary extension to work.

I know what you're saying here, and I agree.

14 years 11 months ago #101780 by PhilH
Replied by PhilH on topic Re:CB Login with Joomla SEF
Took your lead...sh404SEF is awesome!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn