i would like to quit the link category

11 years 2 weeks ago #224507 by ver
I would like to quit the link category.

I remove line 67 into components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/group_panes.php
( ! $row->get( 'parent' ) ? '<div><i class="icon-share-alt"></i> <a href="' . $category->getUrl() . '">' . CBTxt::Ph( 'Back to [category]', array( '[category]' => cbgjClass::getOverride( 'category' ) ) ) . '</a></div>' : null )

Work fain, yes this is what i want!! i dont want to show the categories.

But as you can see in the picture i have that link into the group. :huh:

How can i do to show the category name without link?? I mean preserve the name of the category but without link.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #224584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic i would like to quit the link category
Looks like the My Groups panel and profile display (panel and profile tabs share same display files). That template file can be found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/tab_groups.php

What you'll want to edit is line 55 of the above where it handles the title display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224608 by ver
Replied by ver on topic i would like to quit the link category
Thank you kyle, you are the best. :cheer:

This is the line 55:
'<div class="gjContentBodyTitle span9"><h5>' . $row->getName( 0, true ) . '<small> ' . cbFormatDate( $row->get( 'date' ), 1, false ) . ' - ' . $category->getName( 0, true ) . ( $row->get( 'parent' ) ? ' - ' . $row->getParent()->getName( 0, true ) : null ) . '</small></h5></div>'

Which part do i need modificate to preserve the name of the category but without link? :blush:

Thanks in advance.

Ger.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224614 by krileon
Remove the below to get rid of category.
. ' - ' . $category->getName( 0, true )

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224629 by ver
Replied by ver on topic i would like to quit the link category
Thank you, so much.

it's looking at what I desire!

1- good, we eliminate the category.

2- could you tell me how quit the link of the category here. It is very important show the name of the category here but i dont want the link redirection because i don use that. It is possible show simply the name. i mean like:

Categoria: Fundacion Vida Silvestre

instead:

Categoria: Fundación Vida Silvestre

3- Oups! :lol: what is your recomendation to fix that problem. better show the entire word.

Thanks in advance.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224755 by krileon

2- could you tell me how quit the link of the category here. It is very important show the name of the category here but i dont want the link redirection because i don use that. It is possible show simply the name. i mean like:

Yes, in the template file when you see $category->getName( 0, true ) simply set it to $category->getName() and it won't be linked.

3- Oups! what is your recomendation to fix that problem. better show the entire word.

It wordwraps by force to prevent the design from breaking. You can remove the online status display if you want or alter it as needed in the GJ Events integration or if possible shorten the translated string so it's not so long.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn