[SOLVED] Forums Don't Show In Groups

13 years 7 months ago #141730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Kunena 1.5.x should be sufficient. However do you have the CB GroupJive plugin installed, published, and public? This is required for the integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141733 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Oh yes, I should have mentioned I did that. Installed, published, and public. And I could swear that I had it working correctly before I started inviting people to create accounts.

Is there something I should look for in the DB that would prevent it from automatically creating the board?

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

13 years 7 months ago #141750 by krileon
If you've the plugin installed, published, and public. GroupJive configuration set to use forums and the category ID specified as necessary then nothing should be preventing it from working. You're welcome to review the CB plugin as it uses the trigger gj_onAfterCreateGroup which executes setForum function. You may want to set debug mode to enabled and error reporting to maximum then attempt to create a group to see if there is a database query error.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/09 20:15

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141759 by schelly
Hi Kyle,

I've no notion what I'm looking for in all the debug information at the bottom of my screen when I do this, however I can tell you one thing - I see absolutely nothing about com_kunena at all in there. I see com_uddeIM, but not Kunena. I also searched through it to see if there were any instances of the word "board" or "forum" and there was not.

What should I be searching for? I know I'm not being very helpful, but I catch on quick so maybe it won't be too terribly difficult to lead me through this.

:dry:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

13 years 7 months ago #141764 by krileon
Believe you've opened the wrong file, there's nothing to do with Uddeim in the CB GroupJive plugin.. perhaps you've mistakenly installed or referring to the wrong plugin. Not sure what more to adjust as GJ 1.8 is considered "end life" for us to focus on GJ 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 7 months ago #141766 by schelly
No no, I am not explaining myself clearly. I apologize. I am not opening a file. I turned on the debugging feature of Joomla, as you suggested, and then created a new group. The debugging information displays underneath the Joomla content. That is what I am trying to figure out how to interpret.

Sorry

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn