com_connector support

18 years 2 months ago #5057 by oojacoboo
com_connector support was created by oojacoboo
I am looking for some clarification on the com_connector engine and CB's intentions to cooperate with that project and support it.

I honestly believe that this is the absolute best method for joomla, as there are waaay tooo many bridges, etc. This will allow everyone who disagrees on bidge support to work together to form a unified login standard which will increase the overall extensibility and integration of the joomla framework.

PLEASE, O, PLEASE Go with this! What are the thougts, ideas, plans, etc of the CB developers?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5147 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:com_connector support
I've contacted the developer of this connector, but at that time we both didn't have the time to look into it.

Hopefuly things will get better once 1.0 stable is released.

Yes, it looks a nice way forward, but I haven't looked into details yet.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5148 by oojacoboo
Replied by oojacoboo on topic Re:com_connector support
I know it may require alot of work to be done that has already been acomplished. However, creating additional plugins for compatibility will be alot simpler and better.

I really hope you all are looking at this route.

18 years 2 months ago #5200 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:com_connector support
Hey all!

Our hopes lie with those who are involved with com_connector for a solution!

Is there anybody currently working on a community builder / vbulletin / joomla solution? I would like to support this effort any way I can!

Thanks for looking into it Beat!

18 years 2 months ago #5217 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:com_connector support
It has been directly asked of 2 of the main developers and they have both indicated they will not be supporting it. One indicated that he was working to have VB pass data back to CB but he is only supporting the default Joomla login mod and said that he will not support the CB login mod as he did not see the use in this. So for that reason his support or lack of will do most of us no good.

With out CB support I can not support com_connector at all. And don't get me wrong I thought it lookd great and have brought it up in several forums as the next best thing.

I would like once again to suggest that the Joomlapolis team do a little PR and put out some PDF's, videos, audios, etc to get the word out to the masses as to what CB really is. It seems like every time someone asks for CB support the general response is what is CB? or I can do the same thing by hacking the profiles in my favorite forum. There seems to be a real lack of knowledge of the power of CB. Lets get the word out....

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 2 months ago #5218 by oojacoboo
Replied by oojacoboo on topic Re:com_connector support
ITS ABOUT PULLING EVERYTHING TOGETHER, and this is exactly what com_connector does, without running 15 hacks for login with 14 login modules and sessions all hacked up and a website that you don't know whats going on.

If developers would stop trying to build everything on their own and get together and work on one unified solution, such as com_connector, then everyone might just benefit. Its like having 20 more peopel on your team working at the same thing to resolve problems. This would allow CB to concentrate on whats important to CB, not sessions and logins.

My million bucks...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn