logging in/out

14 years 3 months ago #118246 by iapmo
logging in/out was created by iapmo
Everything was working fine until just about 10 minutes ago. I was changing the settings for registration in CB and VM along with JOOMLA.

Now when trying to login to the front end even with my SUPER admin it Displays this: "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

I haven't touched my cookie settings or session settings.

If I try to login from the page with that specific error display it logins in with no problem.

Logging out also takes two times, the first time displays the error, second time actually logs out.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118248 by iapmo
Replied by iapmo on topic Re:logging in/out
Basically the settings I was looking for would allow users to sign up through the site only with VM to finish purchasing online.

If they wanted an actual user/pass they must sign up which requires membership fees. Once a member they should access to everything until the subscription ends.

So it has users who pay for membership, users who visit and purchase from VM, users who visit sign up for purchase and get persuaded to sign up for membership.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

14 years 3 months ago #118249 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:logging in/out
First, you probably want to get past the error message problem. Did you try backing up your changes to find out what caused the error?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 3 months ago #118281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:logging in/out
Revert your changes to registration first, then confirm if issue is still present. If so review your server error logs for the cause of the error (if one exists), but be sure debug mode and maximum error reporting is on in Joomlas global settings. VM registration does not add users to CB; this throws the system out of sync. You'll need to manually sync users or use an integration plugin so users registered via CB are also added to VM. You should only use CB registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118377 by iapmo
Replied by iapmo on topic Re:logging in/out
Okay I guess it was just a sessions/cache issue because today it works fine. But I do have a question about the registration of users.

Currently I have written code in the back end of VM so that when a user signs up (through CB) their sign up info is sent to VM. (So they don't have to retype their shipping info to purchase from store)

I would love to be able to allow guests to purchase from store, without a login, if they wish they can register which means they would have to subscribe to a membership and pay.

Say a user buys from the store so now they have their email address & order (history) in the database. How can I keep/give that information to the user if they decide later to register/sub/pay? So if they login after registering/subscribing they can see their old (previous) orders?

Thanks

krileon wrote:

Revert your changes to registration first, then confirm if issue is still present. If so review your server error logs for the cause of the error (if one exists), but be sure debug mode and maximum error reporting is on in Joomlas global settings. VM registration does not add users to CB; this throws the system out of sync. You'll need to manually sync users or use an integration plugin so users registered via CB are also added to VM. You should only use CB registration.

14 years 3 months ago #118381 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:logging in/out
Don't know; your questions are not in relation to CB or CBSubs. We do not handle VM registration, you'll need to contact the developers of VM for assistance or someone to develop the code to do this for you as nothing of such is implemented into CB or CBSubs.

For transferring data over you could use CBSubs URL to execute a script file which you've written to grab and populate a users CB profile with said information using the email in the order history as the comparison to the users registered email.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/04 19:44

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn