Subscriptions and the new year change

14 years 2 months ago #120853 by herpbooks
Subscriptions and the new year change was created by herpbooks
All of my CBSubs subscriptions are set up on a calendar year with a 30 grace period. However with the change to 2010 I have noticed several random changes:

several of my subscriptions are set up with a parent and then an exclusive child subscription. The parent does not have a cost associated with it, but the children do. With the new year some of the children (the actual paid subscription) have disappeared from people's accounts so they cannot renew them from their subscriptions tab. The odd part is that there doesn't seem to be any pattern. The same subscription appears on some accounts and not on others - Even two accounts that were set up at the same time - one has the child subscription with a renew option and the other one doesn't.

However, from the admin - user management, all of them show the subscription is there, but I have to open the account to see if it is really there or not.

I have found one account that does not even allow me to view the various child subscriptions available to the parent. I have tried everything I can think of to delete the missing child so it doesn't appear in the user management area, but I simply cannot delete it. I have tried importing it as unsubscribed and expired and it stays there. When I import it as active I get a new one so it looks like they have two subscriptions to the same child subscription.

It's bad enough from my end, but the actual user cannot renew his subscription at all.

Has anyone else had similar problems??

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120857 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subscriptions and the new year change
Parent and Child durations must be different and renewing params not allowing renewing. Is Parent free lifetime? If so have you set free lifetimes to create a subscription in CBSubs Global Settings?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/05 20:51

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #120908 by herpbooks
Replied by herpbooks on topic Re:Subscriptions and the new year change
The parents are not lifetime. They did auto renew for everyone, probably because the price is set at 0.00 and the auto renew is set at user's choice. But it is the child subscriptions that are erratically dropped in some accounts and not others. They are set at a calendar year with a 3 month bonus for early renewal, and a 30 day grace period.

As I mentioned before the same child subscription has been dropped from some accounts, but not all. In those that it is dropped - it still appears in the User management list in the admin - but not when I open their account.

14 years 2 months ago #120911 by krileon
Please PM backend access and will take a look (include forum link in your PM). Also please include in the PM the users affected so I may more quickly investigate the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #120956 by krileon
I've investigated your installation and according to logs you've made multiple changes to the plan with the users subscription being activate at the time of change. I believe these changes have resulted in the mis-matched dates. I do not have database access, but would seam the users subscription dates are off and do not any longer match those of the plan.

The users subscription are marked and considered Active, but due to the Expire date being that of 2009 the plan does not appear as it is expired, but it's Expired with the status of Active; which results in its disappearance. Confusing I know, but short response is try to avoid major changes such as price, duration, grace period, etc.. when a plan has active subscribers or it can cause mis-matches such as this.

I've set the users subscription as Expired accordingly, but this does not fix the damage done to the database. The subscription is likely missing it's parent_plan ID. I don't know without database access. I can try fixing this (be sure to do a database backup) if provided database access or you can delete the subscription your self manually from your database (or alternatively try and fix it).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn