[#1416] Problems with access By Component feature

14 years 2 months ago #123048 by lexxm
I'm trying to disable access in the backend for the administrator and manager groups to some of the extensions, leaving access only to superadmins enabled. I've setup a subscription plan for this purpose, and am using the Integrations > Extensions > access By Component feature, with some components selected for which I want to disable access. Only super-admnistrators are subscribed to this plan.

Well, some unexpected things happen:
- If I login as a manager user to the backend and I try to access one of the disabled components, I get the following error: "500 - An error has occured. Unable to load pathway: administrator"
- If I login as an administator to the backend, I have access to everything, although it's only the super-admins subscribed to the plan, not the admins, so admins shouldn't have access.

Have I got anything wrong? Is there any other way to disable backend access to some of the components for all users except superadmins? Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/28 17:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problems with access By Component feature

- If I login as a manager user to the backend and I try to access one of the disabled components, I get the following error: "500 - An error has occured. Unable to load pathway: administrator"

Were you able to find any errors in your server error log in relation to this error? 500 errors are generic and report to your server error log.

- If I login as an administator to the backend, I have access to everything, although it's only the super-admins subscribed to the plan, not the admins, so admins shouldn't have access.

Check CBSubs -> Settings -> Integrations -> Content/Extensions

There you will find a parameter that allows you to exclude specific usergroups from the protection; it's likely administrators are selected.

Have I got anything wrong? Is there any other way to disable backend access to some of the components for all users except superadmins?

The protection was designed for frontend usage and components limit who can do what based off usergroup as is; however, have you tried By URL Part to see if this form of protection would be sufficient?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/28 16:37

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #123069 by lexxm
Thanks for the tip about Settings -> Integrations -> Content/Extensions. Administrator was selected, indeed.

As for the errors, here is what I am getting when debug is on and I am trying to access the menu editor which is selected under By Component:

[code:1]Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/index.php:67
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php:136
3 require_once() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4 require() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php:29
5 tabClass() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php:480
6 cbTabs->tabClassPluginTabs() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php:4302
7 cbTabs->_callTabPlugin() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:4067
8 cbPluginHandler->call() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:4024
9 call_user_func_array() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php:541
10 CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions->getCBpluginComponent()
11 CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions->_displaySpecificPlans() /home/ocradg0/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.php:0
12 CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions->_displayWithTemplate() /home/ocradg0/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.php:0
13 CBframework->appendPathWay() /home/ocradg0/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.php:0
14 JApplication->appendPathWay() /home/ocradg0/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php:2072
15 JApplication->getPathway() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php:845
16 JPathway->getInstance() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php:678
17 JError->raiseError() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/pathway.php:88
18 JError->raise() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
19 JException->__construct() /home/ocradg0/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136[/code:1]

I'll try by URL parts and I'll report in a bit.

14 years 2 months ago #123071 by lexxm
Adding the URL to By URL Parts doesn't seem to have any effect. I attempted to block CBJuice and tried both option=com_cbjuice (as instructed in the manual) and the full url, but nothing happens, still full access.

14 years 2 months ago #123073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problems with access By Component feature
According to the error it looks like the protection will not work for backend usage as it's trying to redirect to the subscription page as you'd experience on frontend. In a sense the protection does work of course, but the users will experience a 500 error page in the process. Will require further investigation, sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn