Late trigger on expiration

13 years 5 months ago #145638 by jhaines
Late trigger on expiration was created by jhaines
I'm using CBSubs URL plugin to trigger external mailing list subscription/removal. It looks like the expiration trigger from CBSubs URL doesn't fire at the time at which the subscription expires, but instead on the next occasion the user attempts to log-in after the expiration time. This is presumably unimportant for CB website access control as if the user's not logged in they're not gaining anything from the late expiry. However, where the URL controls external access (in this case a mailing list), it's a different story.

For me this is not a disaster by any means, but it would be nice if this could be made consistent and accurate.

Julian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145640 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Late trigger on expiration
jhaines wrote:

I'm using CBSubs URL plugin to trigger external mailing list subscription/removal. It looks like the expiration trigger from CBSubs URL doesn't fire at the time at which the subscription expires, but instead on the next occasion the user attempts to log-in after the expiration time. This is presumably unimportant for CB website access control as if the user's not logged in they're not gaining anything from the late expiry. However, where the URL controls external access (in this case a mailing list), it's a different story.

For me this is not a disaster by any means, but it would be nice if this could be made consistent and accurate.

Julian

Actually expiration triggers are fired if user tries to access CBSubs or if backend admin access happens.

CBSubs 1.1 will provide cron job url to automatically trigger expirations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn