Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 7 months ago #75914 by krileon
Plugin - jAwards AutoReward was created by krileon
I know many people have been asking for such a capability. Well I'm working on it.

So when it's complete I will be releasing this plugin as well for you all to enjoy. I've notice it to be a popular request here as well as to the developer, who for some stupid reason refuses to do it.

Anyway, It's nearly fully functional.

Currently I have it now to give the award based on the awards ID, which is easy to obtain. I've got it to give the award to the proper user and am now working on the date being set properly as well as the reason.

There will be various components it'll be comparability with. For testing purpose I'm using Fireboards post count as the reward reason.

Expect a working release either today or tomorrow.

Posting this just to fill you all in and let you know. It is OTW :)

*Update*
Ok everything works, but the date. Working on figuring that out or will just remove it entirely. I'm going to change the awards to just show the image and use an overlib to display the details anyway. Date doesn't seam important enough to bother with.

The other concern is it requires 2 database queries just to add 1 reward. I'm working on different methods to remove this need.

Full release available. See latest post.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/01 22:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Full Release Available. See latest post.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/01 22:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

15 years 7 months ago #75996 by krileon
Plugin: AutoAwards

Description: AutoAwards is a plugin dependent on jAwards. It will automatically award users medals based on various accomplishments being achieved. You could use this as an Achievements system or Awards system or whatever system you wanted.

Instructions: All medals are setup with jAwards. You ONLY need to fill in the name of the award. You'll be needing to remember the medal ID which is the number below the # column. This ID is all you need to configure the plugin. The reason for the award is set at the plugin params page.

Notice: The tab will display ONLY the image of the medal. Upon mouseover you will see the award name and the reason. It uses the standard overlib provided with CB. So your CSS for the overlib applies to this as well. Dates will not be shown so when you visit the awards tab for jAwards you will notice odd dates. Also remember the check to give awards to users is ONLY made when the user logs in. It will not check for new awards to grant while the user is logged in and browsing. This is done to eliminate extra queries.

Supported Components/Plugins: Fireboard (Post Count & Karma), Groupjive (Group Count), Mamblog (Blog Count), JoomGallery (Picture Count), Seyret (Video Count), Friends/Connections (Friend/Connection Count), Profile Hits (Hit Count), AdsManager (Ad count), puArcade (Highscore Count)

A new version is now available. Please see latest post.

Please note while I've done the best I can to debug this plug. There could still be bugs. If you find any problems then please let me know.

I've cleaned up the code and organized it so it's easy to understand if you decide to modify it.

Enjoy.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/01 22:46

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/03 01:21

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

15 years 7 months ago #76168 by krileon
Version 2

In addition to the currently support components and plugins listed in the post above. I've now added even more support for autoawards.

You can now award users for posting events with jEvents. This is based on event post count. It only counts events that are published and approved.

You also can grant your moderators and admins a special award for obtaining admin/moderator status.

I personally have given all my moderators a Ban Hammer award, lol.

Attachment cb_autoawards_v2.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #76413 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Is it possible to autoawards Author level member or perhaps ALL SPECIAL users?

I have a free access level and a premium access level. i use author level for my premium members and by using AEC i am able to have their level changed automatically after they make payment.

Unfortunately, I have to manually assign them to the awards component in order to get the Premium Logo to appear on their profile.

The plugin already does this for moderators, so can it be done for authors or special users?

15 years 6 months ago #76417 by krileon
Moderator can be anything you want. Just plug in author in the field and they'll be awarded whatever award you set for them to be given.

Admins and super admins are auto given awards if you set that option on. It's separate from moderator award.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn