Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 6 months ago #76421 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
i have the plugin installed. I have it configured to award moderator award 1 to author level members.

so far, it only shows awards that i have manually created.

if i go in an upgrade a user from registered to author, the award is not awarded automatically. what do i need to do to make the process work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76425 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Did you fill out the proper information for the award?

You need to put the medal ID into the ID field or it won't grant any award, because no medal was specified.

Mouse-over the medal you want to award the user. You'll see a number after cid= that's the ID you need to use.

I noticed that the number under the # column is not the proper medal ID. The database isn't set to reuse IDs so you're likely trying to award a medal that doesn't exist.

If it doesn't work after that then I haven't a clue. I just gave it a try and worked perfectly fine for me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76429 by piersol
I only have one medal. And its CID is 1.

I have all fields turned off except Moderator/Admin and there i have 1 in the medal id, and Author in the group field.

I use Joomla 1.54 and cb 1.2

Tell me this, is the plugin supposed to actually AWARD the member the award in the jawards component?

or does it merely display the award in the profile without actually AWARDING it in the jawards component?

either one works for me, because all i care about is the image representing the award in the profile.

15 years 6 months ago #76443 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
It actually inserts the award directly into the database as if granted manually by jawards.

I notice you keep saying Author. Try author. I know it seams silly, but joomla actually looks for and reads it all lowercase.

I also have not tested this with 1.5 as I am still on 1.0

I'll download 1.5 real quick and examine the core code to see how it handles usertypes. If I find a difference then I'll tell you what you need to do to change the code for 1.5

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76446 by piersol
Thanks. i did originally use author instead of Author. And i did also try Special, just in case.

I want to clarify again, the plugin is working in that id displays those who are already awarded awards manually. Its just the autoaward aspect that is the issue.

i appreciate your efforts on this very much!

15 years 6 months ago #76453 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
This is absolutely fantastic plugin for which I was waiting for so long.

Thank you making it available for community.

Is it possible to award if certain user is a member of certain Group of GroupJive? I really need this extended functionality.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn