Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

• piersol
  • piersol
15 years 7 months ago #76862 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
I added the new code. No change. It didnt hurt, but it didnt help either. Even when the user logs in after the change, nothing instigates the award to be added to the user.

did the module and plugin i attached help you at all since they were for 1.5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 7 months ago #76871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Nope, I don't see anything in my plugin that would prevent it from working and I don't see anything in the modules provided that'd help it.

I modified it based on examples I saw, but as you discovered there was no change.

The next course of action is bypassing the param and forcing it to set to the right user type.

First lets try:
Method 1
Change:
[code:1]
$mods = (strtolower($user->usertype) == ''.$params->get('modsgroup','').'');
[/code:1]

To:
$mods = (strtolower($user->usertype) == $params->get('modsgroup',''));

If that doesn't work then use:
Method 2
$mods = (strtolower($user->usertype) == 'author');

and change:
if ($mods && $params->get('modsgroup','')!="" && $params->get('mods','0') == 0) {

to
if ($mods && $params->get('mods','0') == 0) {

If neither of those work then I have no clue. Must be a 1.5 thing. I still use 1.0 as most components, modules, and plugins don't work worth a garbage in 1.5 and 1.5 is a snail compared to 1.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 7 months ago #77024 by krileon
Ok, I've found an error after launching my site.

The params list is far too large and causing a session time out error. I have isolated and confirmed it is because there are too many params.

So what I'm now doing is converting the params into a config file. Yes this takes a little manual work as you need to navigate to the plugins folder and edit the param file, BUT it will operate much quicker as it does not need to check the database for the params values.

You will be able to enable/disable from the plugin params though, but as far as plugging in your award IDs, etc.. you'll have to do it from the params file.

I don't know how long this will take, but it should be completed today. A lot of replacement work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 7 months ago #77026 by krileon
New version is now complete.

It now uses a config file to gain information about the awards. This is to prevent a ton of extra queries to obtain the params and to avoid the session time out bug due to having too many params.

If you already have yours working and having no problems then you do not have to upgrade, but I recommend it for the reduction in queries.

Also, if you do decide to upgrade you'll have to reconfig in all your award IDs. I went ahead and put in default data for all awards to make it easier on you.

If you find any bugs then let me know.

Attachment plug_autoawards_v4.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

• piersol
  • piersol
15 years 7 months ago #77217 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
i get an error that says plugin version different from cb version. i am using 1.2, which i used for the other plugins you made including version 3.

any ideas?

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 7 months ago #77240 by krileon
Not a clue, but here's version 5.

I've debugged the entire plugin and will produce absolutely no errors with maximum error report and debug mode on.

Like all my plugins this is tested, confirmed, and stable for Joomla 1.0.x ONLY. Use on Joomla 1.5.x at your own risk. I will NOT repair it for 1.5 as I do not use or plan to use 1.5 nor do I have a 1.5 installation to test it on NOR do I have the time. My apologize for this, but it is open source and anyone is welcome to edit as they see fit.

Attachment plug_autoawards_v5.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/14 02:59

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon