Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 7 months ago #77416 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Done.

You can now add a subscriber award. User will be granted the award specified for the reason specified for obtaining specified usertype/grouptype. If user loses said usertype/grouptype then the award is removed.

To upgrade just copy and paste over:
cb.autoawardstab.php
cb.autoawardstab.xml

Open your preexisting config.php and add the following at the bottom:
[code:1]
//Subscribers
$subid = "";
$subreason = "Awarded for being a subscriber.";
$subgroup = "Author"; //Name of the group ex: Publisher, Author, etc..
[/code:1]

I have changed the code to detect usertype. It is now in fact case sensitive. This should solve some issues when the user type was specified and when it checked if the user was of that type it was checking a lowercase version of the type to an uppercase version. Thus not making it equal.

This problem should now be fixed. I repaired it for moderator group as well as subscriber group. So you may have to change your moderator type to be more specific now.

If there's any problems let me know. I have not tested it on 1.5 as I do not have a 1.5 install. I'll try to get it to work for you, but there's not much more I can do. I've inspected 1.5 modules/plugins and used the EXACT same methods to capture usertype/usergroup. So if it doesn't work then the fault has to be elsewhere.

The award is ONLY granted and removed upon LOGIN.

For fresh installs simply install the plugin then begin settings up your config file.

If anyone feels you need to pay. Then go ahead and donate through the link at my site, but I offer this free of charge at full open source. Redistribute as you see fit. I don't care. Just enjoy it, lol.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/15 17:26

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/16 16:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #77498 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

Plugin version (1.2) different from Community Builder version (1.2 RC 2)

I get this error with CB 1.2RC2

Any ideas?

15 years 7 months ago #77499 by krileon
Man wish we could re-upload our files. Uploaded the wrong one. Gimme a second. Gotta make another post.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/16 16:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

15 years 7 months ago #77502 by krileon
Here you go. Sorry about that:

Attachment plug_autoawards_v6-898aa8f3dc1efef7250212ca337834b6.zip not found

aaaand it jumbled the filename.. UHG! rename it to plug_autoawards_v6.zip before installing. Long name will make it error out.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/16 16:43

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

15 years 7 months ago #77519 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
I installed it successfully on cb 1.2rc2 and joomla 1.54

I then checked the option for subscriber.

While i do not see errors. It does NOT award for users change to authors, nor delete for those removed from author back to registered.

I tested by logging in and logging out each time.

I know you are not testing it on J1.5. And it may well work right on 1.0. But I only use j1.5 for new sites and so im unable to benefit from this great tool just yet.

15 years 7 months ago #77580 by krileon
piersol wrote:

I installed it successfully on cb 1.2rc2 and joomla 1.54

I then checked the option for subscriber.

While i do not see errors. It does NOT award for users change to authors, nor delete for those removed from author back to registered.

I tested by logging in and logging out each time.

I know you are not testing it on J1.5. And it may well work right on 1.0. But I only use j1.5 for new sites and so im unable to benefit from this great tool just yet.

Did you edit your config.php to grant the proper award?

It's already set for Author, but ya need to put in the proper award ID. Perhaps you're using the wrong ID. Mouse-over the award in jAwards and you'll see a number at the end. That's the ID you need.

Does ANY of the awards work?

This way I can find out what exactly is causing this.

The way it checks and awards based on usertype is actually now designed to work with 1.5 so there shouldn't be a problem, but likely an issue elsewhere in the plugin. I'll have to weed through it and see what might be causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn