Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 6 months ago #77732 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Ok that plugin worked perfect. It displayed a specific award wherever i choose if they have earned it.

They would have earned it based on your other plugins settings.

the jawards plugin shows ALL awards as its originally designed plus it has links and text that I dont like, preferring to display ONLY the award.

My last question, i hope, is how to do clone that latest SHOWawards plugin you created. I attempted to, but got some errors.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
You need to do a lot of editing to clone it. Can't just copy and paste. Have to edit the files and change names around, etc.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77805 by piersol
nevermind....thanks sooo much for all your help... i was failing to use your already posted info correctly.

here is what ive done so that perhaps it helps others.

I used your autoawards plugin, version 6. I didnt have to hack anything, only to add the award id into the config file.

Now i can place that tab where i want the membership award to be placed.

And using the inclusion of

. "\n AND a.award=YOUR AWARDS ID HERE"

which you so kindly shared, i was able to change the default jawards plugin to filter to include only the appropriate awards needed for the contest i run on my site.

Post edited by: piersol, at: 2008/10/20 17:38

Post edited by: piersol, at: 2008/10/20 17:40
Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #77940 by piersol
Can this same concept of autoaward be done to auto put someone into a category of groupjive based on a field selection in community builder?

15 years 6 months ago #78069 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
I have a GPL plugin that will auto assign a user to a Juga group based on a custom CB field you create.

www.thesignworx.com

It can also assign them to multiple groups, based on multiple fields and is configurable.

Hope this helps,

Ed

15 years 6 months ago #78076 by piersol
Thanks so much! I dont use juga unfortunately. My sites are only two levels, so register and author works just fine.

I was hoping to autoaward people to groups because I really like how it can display members of a group much better than a regular list does.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn