Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

15 years 7 months ago #77631 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
OMG it DOES WORK!

Everyone, this is a MUST HAVE plugin for subscription websites. Having a "badge", "award", "icon" or whatever you want to call on the profile for paid members is very important to them feeling "special". But keeping up with adding and removing the award each time go from registered to premium is frustrating.

This plugin fixes this! I use CB1.2rc2 and Joomla 1.54.

I created the image award in Jawards. Since it is my first and only award, it was item 1. I installed this plugin, the most recent one uploaded.

I then left all settings alone except for the subscriber option at the bottom of the list.

I then opened the config.php file and inserted "1" into the id portion of the code as instructed.

I then increased the level of my demo user from registered to author. The award appeared in the tab. When i removed the user from author and made them registered, and logged in again (logging out and logging back in is required) the award and tab for the award was GONE! Perfect.

If you display the tab WITHOUT title as raw code, an option in the tab parameters, you will get the award appearing seemlessly into your members profiles wherever you want it to appear.

Best of Luck!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #77632 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Glad we finally got it working for ya :)

Took a bit of trial and error but we got it figured out. :P

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 7 months ago #77637 by piersol
I made a small contributions on your website via paypal. Your worth much more than that and i hope i can contribute much more soon.

new issue...............

do you think you could create a plugin that shows ONLY a particular award by id if it's awarded?

I have other awards that i use from time to time. Currently using the jawards tab, all awards are displayed in one tab and doesnt let me separate the membership award separately.

Obviously your autoaward tab displays JUST the membership award and thats perfect, but the other tab for jawards ALSO shows that award and thats not pleasant for the profile.

What is your recommendation for how to achieve this?

15 years 7 months ago #77638 by krileon
Thanks for the contribution. Every penny helps so I'm grateful for anything.

Just need to alter the database query.

open autoawards.php

Locate:
[code:1]
$query = "SELECT *"
. "\n FROM #__jawards_awards AS a"
. "\n LEFT JOIN #__jawards_medals AS b ON b.id = a.award"
. "\n WHERE a.userid=". $user->id
. "\n ORDER BY a.date desc";

[/code:1]

Change it to:
[code:1]
$query = "SELECT *"
. "\n FROM #__jawards_awards AS a"
. "\n LEFT JOIN #__jawards_medals AS b ON b.id = a.award"
. "\n WHERE a.userid=". $user->id
. "\n AND a.award=YOUR AWARDS ID HERE"
. "\n ORDER BY a.date desc";
[/code:1]

and that should do the trick.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/17 20:14

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77712 by piersol
im having an issue with using two of the same plugins and redeclaring issues. how would i create a totally second plugin that i can install that ONLY shows the specific award, without awarding or deleting etc.

15 years 6 months ago #77725 by krileon
piersol wrote:

im having an issue with using two of the same plugins and redeclaring issues. how would i create a totally second plugin that i can install that ONLY shows the specific award, without awarding or deleting etc.

Don't fully understand your question. You want a plugin that ONLY shows the award? The standard jAwards plugin does that.

Mines not built for just showing the award. It's doable, but you'll have to delete basically half the code.

For mine to do this, delete the following lines of code:
Line 3
Lines 9-472

That should give you the desired effect.

Then apply the fix a couple of posts ago to show ONLY the award you want.

This really isn't necessary though. As you can move the tab anywhere you want, which will handle the display and add/remove of the specific award.

Try this. I threw it together in 5minutes so don't shoot me if it doesn't work.

The config file associated with it will allow you to define a specific award to show and only that award.

Attachment plug_ShowAwards_v1.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/18 23:28

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn