[SOLVED] How to get IP when user register?

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #169897 by dotcom22
hello

For legal purpose I would like get IP address of each user who register to the site. I don't see this info anywhere inside a user profile. I searched in the forum but did not found any infos. It possible to get this data? If yes how??

many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #169990 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to get IP when user register?
CB stores the users IP address at time of registration to the database table _comprofiler as column registeripaddr. You can display this on frontend by adding [registeripaddr] substitution to a delimiter field or just by reviewing directly from database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #170010 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: How to get IP when user register?
beautiful I created a delimiter field like you suggest and I'm able to display IP only in backend..

many thank

12 years 8 months ago #170354 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: How to get IP when user register?
Please last point: Do you know why IP value value are different depending of how user register?

In fact I discover a problem about IP address. In fact when users register using default CB form, the users IP address are correctly added inside database....cool but when using Facebook Connect no IP are present :-(

Why CB are not able to get IP address when using Facebook Connect?

thank

12 years 8 months ago #170393 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to get IP when user register?
FBC 1.4 uses the same API CB does to add the IP Address. Not in all cases can an IP Address be obtained. If you've not updated to 1.4 yet, please do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn