"Error You are not authorised to view this resource" when trying to access user profile. ACL broken...

9 years 5 months ago #254482 by studiocardo
Hi

Per the subject line.

The setting is as follows:

CB/Configuration/User Profile/Profile View Access Level: CB Profile Access
User Manager/Viewing Access Levels/CB Profile Access: {Manager, Front Desk, Super Users}
User Manager/User Group Details/Front Desk: Group Parent=Administrator

The User List is accessed through a menu item that is only available to users with {Front Desk, Super User} privileges. The menu item displays and is accessible as always, and the list appears as designed. However, when a FrontDesk user tried to access individual profiles by clicking on it, I get:

Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.

I tried logging in the frontend as a Super User and it still gives me that error. What is going on? The feature worked just fine in 1.9.

The cache has been flushed every time and it still doesn't work. Am I missing something obvious? Is there anyone else having similar problem? Any advice on how to move forward?

Thank you for your help!
SH

CB: 2.0.3
Joomla: 3.3.6
CB Profile Pro Plugin: 1.5 (disabled with no changes in the problem)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #254576 by krileon
"You are not authorised to view this resource." isn't a CB error, but a Joomla error. CBs error is "You are not authorized to view this page!". Check your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page and ensure it has appropriate access configured. If one isn't created be sure to create one that's accessible and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #254975 by studiocardo
Kyle

Ok, bear with me here.

I don't know why a Joomla menu with sufficient privilege was needed to read a content item, i.e., a profile. Anyway, I went and created a menu item per your suggestion, and I did see that "User Profile" is a mandatory menu item. But that was a menu item that has already been created and used in a different menu that is designated for registered users. I checked that User Menu and discovered that the menu item (My Profile) was blank, probably because of the upgrade. So I re-assigned that My Profile menu item to CB Profile page with the user privilege of "registered". And of course I now get a "You are not authorised to view this resource." when a user tries to see his own profile… I must be doing something wrong, but what?

The menu suggestion says the CB Profile should be public, but the User Menu is only visible to registered users, so if it's set Public, it won't be displayed in the registered User Menu.

Is there a tutorial or a document on this? It shouldn't be this difficult, especially when a set up that was working perfectly in 1.9.

Thank you for your help.

SH

9 years 5 months ago #254986 by nant

studiocardo wrote: Kyle

Ok, bear with me here.

I don't know why a Joomla menu with sufficient privilege was needed to read a content item, i.e., a profile. Anyway, I went and created a menu item per your suggestion, and I did see that "User Profile" is a mandatory menu item. But that was a menu item that has already been created and used in a different menu that is designated for registered users. I checked that User Menu and discovered that the menu item (My Profile) was blank, probably because of the upgrade. So I re-assigned that My Profile menu item to CB Profile page with the user privilege of "registered". And of course I now get a "You are not authorised to view this resource." when a user tries to see his own profile… I must be doing something wrong, but what?

The menu suggestion says the CB Profile should be public, but the User Menu is only visible to registered users, so if it's set Public, it won't be displayed in the registered User Menu.

Is there a tutorial or a document on this? It shouldn't be this difficult, especially when a set up that was working perfectly in 1.9.

Thank you for your help.

SH

These should help:

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/community-builder/getting-started

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn