Menu links created by Gjive conflict with profile

11 years 7 months ago #209018 by crony
Hello,

I have my profile link ( from the CB login module, link on image) that is changing while I go to group jive main panel.

The link become :
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=2101&action=overview&lang=fr&plugin=cbgroupjive&task=pluginclass

instead of :
communaute/id-menu-1391

So I can't access to my profile, I just go to GJ panel.

I use SEF and SH404, and have generated my GJ links with the links generator from GJ plugin.

I've noticed that all types of links generated are "comprofiler logout" type.

To correct that, I cut/paste the url from GJ I need to a url link into my menus, and I don't use the links generated by GJ.

I guess GJ included into CB 2.0 will permit GJ menu links integrated, and the actual workaround works well... :)

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #209023 by krileon
Nothing I can do about this. CB grabs the first CB related link it can find and uses it as its Itemid. This is due to the wildcard in the query responsible for looking up the menu item that is applied after &task=, which is exactly what GJ links begin with.

The workaround is to create a new menu type called Hidden, this will be used for Itemid purposes only. Now create an internal menu link to all of CBs pages that are public and published. This means login, logout, registration, etc.. it'll then use those links for SEF for CBs modules and such.

I've noticed that all types of links generated are "comprofiler logout" type.

This is irrelevant, it's a bug in Joomla as it can't understand "task" since they switched to "views". All CB links will display this as their type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crony

11 years 7 months ago #209041 by crony
Ok thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn