login/register not working

17 years 5 months ago #22240 by NutriCoach
login/register not working was created by NutriCoach
Everything was mostly working with some minor glitches. I installed OpenSEF and had to go through some hoops to get that working. Now unable to login or register new members.

I am using joomla 1.0.11 and have done all the fixes to get it working including the patch for admin.mambots.php
Community Builder

I tried to get help at Open SEFs forum but it got to the point that it is probably either a joomla issue or a Community Builder issue.

This is what happens

Open the site in a browser and the public content shows
My wife was able to log in as a registered user and able to see the full site as a registered user. She tried to change her password and can not get back in now.

As site Super Admin I am not able to get into the registered area of the front end. can still access the admin area.

Attempts to register new members doesn't work.

All attempts to log into the front end or register returns this message:

You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login.

I am a joomla newbie and need full explanations with fixes. I hope someone reads this that knows how to fix it.

The site is www.Diabetic-Diet-Secrets.com

Toma Grubb
Site admin

www.Diabetic-Diet-Secrets.com (Joomla/Community Builder)

Helping the world control TYpe 2 Diabetes with diet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #22246 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:login/register not working
does it work with OpenSEF & SEF disabled ?

which versions are you using ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 5 months ago #22253 by NutriCoach
Replied by NutriCoach on topic Re:login/register not working
Hi Beat,

I am using joomla 1.0.11 Community Builder 1.0.1 and OpenSEF 2.0.0-RC5_SP2

I was told in the joomla forum to try turning off OpenSEF, delete the friendly urls and then turn OpenSEF back on. I did that and the problem is partially solved.

public and registered areas are now both viewable.

There remains a problem with the register function. When I try to register a new member I get an (unauthorized. Login) meassage. Kind of hard for some one to log in before they are registered.

BTW I am waiting to hear an anouncment on your subscription managment component. once all the other problems are solved, adding the subscription manager will be the last part to go in place for the site structure. Is it close to ready? I concidered an other one but they want a pretty big fee just to see their site and they are not even answering their emails from a potential customer. I am too new and inexperienced with joomla to concider something that has no support.

Toma Grubb
Site admin

17 years 5 months ago #22285 by NutriCoach
Replied by NutriCoach on topic Re:login/register not working
The problems have been solved by someone who was willing to take a look in my admin pannel, but unfortunatly he didn't tell me exactly what the did so i can't pass it on to others.:(

Beat,

I am still wanting to find a good subscription manager and and hoping yours is available soon. If you would like to test it with a newbie to see if it can get screwed up in the instalation or needs clearer instructions, I would be glad to be a crash test dummy for you.

Toma Grubb
Site admin

16 years 8 months ago #41368 by joseffb78
Replied by joseffb78 on topic Re:login/register not working
I have the exact same problem now on mambo 4.6.x I changed the url to friendly and my CBlogin displays a:

You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login.

It would be much appreciated if you could get your friend to publish what he did to fix this.

15 years 5 months ago #75854 by rozsara
Replied by rozsara on topic Re:login/register not working
Oh Dear Toma,
Can you tell me how to delete the sef urls then i will put them on again yes? (joomla1.03 but i will figure it our if you working on 1.5 just tell me what yu did. pretty plese:kiss:

(I have been driven mad to get the cb registration form to show and with the sef urls off it does show but I would think it too high a price to pay to have no sef urls...)
thank you for pointing me in the right direction at least.

p.s I have passed your website on to my very diabetic family! true.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn