Ho do i change "sectiontableentry" to a new class?

13 years 11 months ago #24418 by radio
How do i go about changing sectiontableentry in the comprofiler.class.php to a different class so that i can go in and edit my template css and basically get rid of the alternating field colors in the profiles and style them as i want without it changing all the sectiontableentry's throughout my template, as Cb is not the only one that uses it. If that makes sense lol?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #24441 by radio
ok so far iv copied sectiontableentry1 and 2 in my template.css file and renamed them sectiontableentry1_cb and sectiontableentry2_cb iv then went and changed the sectiontableentry in comprofiler.class.php and comprofiler.html.php to match this but so far its not working!

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

13 years 11 months ago #24469 by beat
you can use the cascading property of CSS without hacking:

e.g.:
[code:1]
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="cbUserTable">
<tr class="sectiontableentry1" style="cursor:hand;cursor:«»pointer;" id="cbU0">
<tr class="sectiontableentry2" style="cursor:hand;cursor:«»pointer;" id="cbU1">

[/code:1]
can be styled specifically for CB users-lists as follows for example:
[code:1]
table#cbUserTable tr. sectiontableentry1 {
background: solid red;
}
table#cbUserTable tr. sectiontableentry2 {
background: solid blue;
}
[/code:1]

This can be done in site template or in your cb template.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 11 months ago #24473 by radio
Thanx I managed to do it the way i was trying, Your way is probably a better way but im not sure how to use the code for my purpose and exactly where to put it :blush:

13 years 11 months ago #24474 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Ho do i change
radio wrote:

Thanx I managed to do it the way i was trying, Your way is probably a better way but im not sure how to use the code for my purpose and exactly where to put it :blush:

You should put it in your template.css file.
This way next time you upgrade CB your changes will not be lost.

13 years 10 months ago #25445 by bjraines
Replied by bjraines on topic Re:Ho do i change
I think it would be great if CB has its own classes. But that is just my opinion.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn