Facebook Connect

15 years 9 months ago #64618 by wall0069
Facebook Connect was created by wall0069
Any plans on integrating Facebook Connect into CB?

developers.facebook.com/news.php?blog=1&story=108

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #64713 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Facebook Connect
Looks nice :)

Any more information or open-source reference implementation available ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #70702 by wall0069
Replied by wall0069 on topic Re:Facebook Connect
Looks like they just released Facebook Connect. This would be the most amazing thing to ever happen to CB if you could integrate it. Below is a blog post from the facebook developers.

Here is an example is site. www.somethingtoputhere.com/therunaround/index.php

No more logging in to sites and remembering passwords, just use your facebook profile.

developers.facebook.com/news.php?tab=blog

Ready, Set, Connect
8:17pm Monday, Aug 4

Published by Pete Bratach

During out f8 last conference last week, we were excited to release Facebook Connect to you, our developer community, so that you could start integrating Facebook Connect into your Web sites ahead of the broader launch to Facebook users.

For those of you who couldn't make f8, we wanted to share some of the details about the sandbox and invite you to start using Facebook Connect today.

To try out Facebook Connect, you can visit The Run Around, a sample site that the team built. The source code for the site is also available so that you can set it up for yourself and see how it works.

To learn more about the inner workings of Facebook Connect and how you can integrate it into your site, check out the overview and the documentation.

The Facebook Connect sandbox is open to the entire developer community. To start developing, create a new Facebook application and configure it to use the Facebook Connect sandbox (api.connect.facebook.com/).

If you have any questions or feedback as you use it, please visit our developer forums and let us know.

We're planning on releasing Facebook Connect to all Facebook users in the coming weeks. We'll keep you informed about the launch details on this blog and the developer wiki.

As part of the launch, we'd like to highlight some of the best integrations. If you have something you're really excited about and want to share it with the Connect team, please send us screenshots and URLs at connect@facebook.com.

Here's to making the Web a more social place.

15 years 7 months ago #70713 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Facebook Connect
Thanks for posting this back to the community here.

I believe CB has all the API needed for such integrations, which would allow a clean plugin to be written for this.

Anyone having some spare time for this ? ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #75323 by mattioi
Replied by mattioi on topic Re:Facebook Connect
I would love for this to get a bit more attention. Would be an excellent plugin!!!!!

15 years 5 months ago #76392 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:Facebook Connect
well I think many agree about this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn