Group member list

17 years 6 months ago #22537 by towerone
Group member list was created by towerone
Hi, I tried the old (stable) version of GroupJive and it is a great piece of work. But ..... the Group Member list appears in one long column. Assuming this was used on even a moderately successful site, with members of a particular group that run into double digits (or more), it would make it pretty much unusable.

Who would want to access a group to find a massive column of members, say 50 long?

So, does the 1.5 alpha have an option to change this to say Members 1..5 and <more>, or something like that? If not is this in the process or just on a wish list?

Keen to use it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #22565 by Fluffy5
Replied by Fluffy5 on topic Re:Group member list
Hello!
The new GroupJive 1.5alpha2, which I will release within a few days, will have a separate field in the backend where you can decide how many members appear on each page of the memberlist. The new version will be a bit redesigned, and you will need to click a link to see the memberlist.
In version 1.1 I believe that the number of groups per page is also the number of members per page. So with the default being 20, pagination of members will start with >20 members.

17 years 6 months ago #22666 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Group member list
Great component!! I have not seen the new 1.5 version, but Here are some isssues I see with 1.0 Hopefully some of will be fixed:

-unable to edit groups through administrator backend.

-after users are members of the group it still shows the join this group button!!

-non-group members can still view details of the group.

-It would also be pretty cool to be able to upload an image in the group discription and be able to create custom fields for group creators to fill out when creating a group.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool component, I will be using it for sure, thanks for the hard work! :woohoo:

Post edited by: gypsydogg, at: 2006/10/16 03:52

gypsydogg

17 years 6 months ago #22681 by Fluffy5
Replied by Fluffy5 on topic Re:Group member list
Well, I can't take credit for version 1.0, but still, thank you for your kind words!
In 1.5 you can create groups from the backend, but not really edit them (yet), other than change the name. It will be worked on.
The Join-links and user permissions have been dealt with.
You can upload a group logo, but no custom fields.
Try it out! I need the feedback (and bug hunt!).
B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds