1 CB mirrored on 2 databases (localhost & remote)

16 years 8 months ago #43556 by plumptree
Is there a way to mirror certain database fields (contact info) to a remote database as well as keep the native database as is?
...other than exporting excel file, etc.

I'm trying to maintain the web2.0 features of CB as well as maintain a pre-existing database structure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43569 by beat
This is possible without hack with a custom CB plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #43574 by plumptree
As I'm am very new to CB... could you please point me in the right direction to have this custom plugin built... much appreciated!

16 years 8 months ago #43588 by nant
plumptree wrote:

As I'm am very new to CB... could you please point me in the right direction to have this custom plugin built... much appreciated!

If you are experienced in PHP etc development and Joomla you could write it yourself - download the CB API document from the Documentation section of the download area of this site. You can also study the 2 CB hello world plugin articles.

If you have a real budget you could employ some developer to do this for you (see joomlancers, etc).

I don't think there is any other way.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn