p9939068 wrote:

What rubbish.

Rubbish is in the eyes of the beholder.

Got Tech?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #72452 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
:woohoo:
Hooray for Feendish! Their extra code at the beginning of the template's index.php file did the trick.

The CB folks should look into this and test it for final or patch release.

Got Tech?

15 years 7 months ago #72458 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Swiftek wrote:

Feendish wrote:

I think I've solved the problem (on my site anyway). To recap the problem: If the user chose "Remember Me" and logged in then closed their browser and came back at a later time, the user would appear to be logged out. BUT if they refreshed the page they magically are logged in again.

The solution:
1. Make sure mod_cblogin is installed correctly.
2. Make sure mod_login (the one supplied with Joomla is disabled).
3. Insert the following code at the top of your templates index.php file or AFTER the global declarations in the mod_cblogin.php file.

[code:1]<?php
$user =& JFactory::getUser(); //Grab the Joomla 1.5.x user details object
if ((!$my->id)&&($user->id)){ //If the legacy array is not populated but user is still logged in according to Joomla 1.5.x,
foreach ($user as $key => $value) { //loop through 1.5.x user object
$my->$key=$value; //and copy 1.5.x object value to same key in 1.0.x object.
}
}

?>[/code:1]

The issue seems to be that the $my object is not being populated until the page is refreshed. What the code above does is checks that (a) the user is stilled logged in according to the newer 1.5.x $user object and (b) the legacy 1.0.x $my object is empty. It then copies the $user values into the $my values as both objects contain the same keys. Hope this works. I'm sure someone will suggest a cleaner fix.

I was waiting for an "official" or "cleaner" fix from the CB folks here, but I guess they have all their eggs in the 1.2 basket.

As soon as GoDaddy fixes their FTP server, I'll give this a try and report back here. Thanks!

This is clearly a Joomla 1.5 bug in legacy layer that should be reported to Joomla 1.5 Q&T forum.

CB 1.2 RC 2 went around this bug and many others, by running native on Joomla 1.5 (and on Joomla 1.0, and on Mambo 4.5-4.6), so e.g. on Joomla 1.5, it's not using $my anymore.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #72504 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
I will make sure this is in the Joomla! forum.

Am I to understand that CB 1.2 takes advantage of running native in Joomla! 1.5 even if I keep the legacy plugin turned on for other reasons?

Got Tech?

15 years 7 months ago #72506 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Swiftek wrote:

Am I to understand that CB 1.2 takes advantage of running native in Joomla! 1.5 even if I keep the legacy plugin turned on for other reasons?

Yes - thats the way all native compatible extensions work.

15 years 7 months ago #73514 by Canuck
Replied by Canuck on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
How do I identify global declarations?

AFTER the global declarations in the mod_cblogin.php file.

Post edited by: Canuck, at: 2008/09/07 00:21

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn