Problem with Remember me in CB login

15 years 11 months ago #61584 by p999
Replied by p999 on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
I did find a solutions for both the '404' problem and 'remember me'. The latter Beat provided an answer in this thread. See this thread for the 404 solution:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,46317/catid,43/limit,6/limitstart,6/

"modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cb_login.php" at line #512

You should change this:
name="return" value="' . htmlspecialchars( $login ) . '"

to:
name="return" value="' . $login . '"

The only issue I have concerns "special", or “registered” items. On the first visit to the site I have to refresh the page before they appear.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #63636 by bmacwire
Replied by bmacwire on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
The only solution I have found to the Remember Me Bug is to select the setup option for CB_Login for "Remember Me" to "Hide/Selected". In my experience this bug only occurs in IE7, not Firefox. I didn't test in IE6 so I don't know if this is related to some update to IE7 or what. I am hoping that this bug is addressed in 1.2 but I don't see anything about it in the Pre-Release.

Duder's got a lot of strands

15 years 10 months ago #64015 by dhowe01
Replied by dhowe01 on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
applied fixes mentioned here.
"Remember me" now seems to write a cookie.
closing the browser, reOpening, and reconnecting to the webpage simply produces a blank page.
Hitting "reload" makes the page display

Nobody has a fix for this??

15 years 10 months ago #65799 by D0gSoldi3r
Replied by D0gSoldi3r on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Is there still no fix for this, You guys need to get off your ass and fix this fundamental problem. This is annoying alot of people so fix it. :angry:

15 years 9 months ago #66461 by Feendish
Replied by Feendish on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
I think I've solved the problem (on my site anyway). To recap the problem: If the user chose "Remember Me" and logged in then closed their browser and came back at a later time, the user would appear to be logged out. BUT if they refreshed the page they magically are logged in again.

The solution:
1. Make sure mod_cblogin is installed correctly.
2. Make sure mod_login (the one supplied with Joomla is disabled).
3. Insert the following code at the top of your templates index.php file or AFTER the global declarations in the mod_cblogin.php file.

[code:1]<?php
$user =& JFactory::getUser(); //Grab the Joomla 1.5.x user details object
if ((!$my->id)&&($user->id)){ //If the legacy array is not populated but user is still logged in according to Joomla 1.5.x,
foreach ($user as $key => $value) { //loop through 1.5.x user object
$my->$key=$value; //and copy 1.5.x object value to same key in 1.0.x object.
}
}

?>[/code:1]

The issue seems to be that the $my object is not being populated until the page is refreshed. What the code above does is checks that (a) the user is stilled logged in according to the newer 1.5.x $user object and (b) the legacy 1.0.x $my object is empty. It then copies the $user values into the $my values as both objects contain the same keys. Hope this works. I'm sure someone will suggest a cleaner fix.

15 years 8 months ago #71389 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
I have this problem also and I think it is related to Fire Fox not remembering me at all.

Is this Fire Fox problem fixed or being discussed elsewhere? I really need a fix to this.

Post edited by: Swiftek, at: 2008/08/15 21:45

Got Tech?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn