After upgrade can't login anymore

16 years 7 months ago #45150 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:After upgrade can't login anymore
grantiago wrote:

joomla 1.0.13
cb 1.1
jsmf 2.0.2

using the cb login users get nothing but a blank page
using the smf login m. some users can log in.

this was working fine while I wait for an answer from the CB team.

now the cb captcha module has started generating a invalid security code response to the correct security code.

hello?

this known problem with smf bridge has been identified before and solution posted.

look at the extension listing on joomla (see my sig) or read the captcha release thread to see how this problem was solved by the community ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45161 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:After upgrade can't login anymore
cornerstone wrote:

I fixed my problem!! :woohoo:

It was the version check to see if it was Mambo or Joomla that was causing me issues - with the fresh install of Joomla, CB 1.1 is correct.

:)

Cornerstone,

That's a very interesting find. B)

Could you please exactly tell us how you found this and when you first upgraded Joomla from version 1.0.which? to 1.0.13, and if the joomla file includes/version.php was there in the upgrade package and if it got upgraded ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45304 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:After upgrade can't login anymore
beat wrote:

Just try reinstalling joomla 1.0.12 (should work without db restore), then clone site, and then try it calmly. Maybe something else needs to be updated to work with joomla 1.0.13 too

This is NOT a good idea if this is true:

Source: virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=257&Itemid=57
* J! 1.0.13 uses a different method to encrypt passwords that the Joomla! version before

* the core login function parameter declaration/types were changed

Once you have updated to Joomla! 1.0.13, you can't just revert back to Joomla! 1.0.12: the user passwords will have been converted (for those users, who visited the site) and the new password format is not accepted by older Joomla! versions. That's why you should make a full database backup before you update your Joomla! version, so you can go back at any time.

I recall seeing a post here in the past few days about someone trying to go back to 1.0.12 by just uploading the old .12 files over the .13 files. Probably unwise.

16 years 7 months ago #45433 by beat
dpk wrote:

beat wrote:

Just try reinstalling joomla 1.0.12 (should work without db restore), then clone site, and then try it calmly. Maybe something else needs to be updated to work with joomla 1.0.13 too

This is NOT a good idea if this is true:

Source: virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=257&Itemid=57
* J! 1.0.13 uses a different method to encrypt passwords that the Joomla! version before

* the core login function parameter declaration/types were changed

Once you have updated to Joomla! 1.0.13, you can't just revert back to Joomla! 1.0.12: the user passwords will have been converted (for those users, who visited the site) and the new password format is not accepted by older Joomla! versions. That's why you should make a full database backup before you update your Joomla! version, so you can go back at any time.

I recall seeing a post here in the past few days about someone trying to go back to 1.0.12 by just uploading the old .12 files over the .13 files. Probably unwise.

Yes, it's unwise without using CB 1.1. :D

But CB 1.1, even running on Joomla 1.0.12, should recognize Joomla 1.0.13 passwords, and should automatically downgrades them to the native format. ;)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45552 by cornerstone
Replied by cornerstone on topic Re:After upgrade can't login anymore

Cornerstone,

That's a very interesting find.

Could you please exactly tell us how you found this and when you first upgraded Joomla from version 1.0.which? to 1.0.13, and if the joomla file includes/version.php was there in the upgrade package and if it got upgraded ? Beat

Found our own issue via debug mode in version.php - we hadn't realized that it checks to see if it is a Joomla or Mambo. It was our version.php that was causing the problem - the version.php that comes with Joomla 1.0.13 is good and works with CB 1.1. :)

16 years 7 months ago #45564 by beat
cornerstone wrote:

Cornerstone,

That's a very interesting find.

Could you please exactly tell us how you found this and when you first upgraded Joomla from version 1.0.which? to 1.0.13, and if the joomla file includes/version.php was there in the upgrade package and if it got upgraded ? Beat

Found our own issue via debug mode in version.php - we hadn't realized that it checks to see if it is a Joomla or Mambo. It was our version.php that was causing the problem - the version.php that comes with Joomla 1.0.13 is good and works with CB 1.1. :)

You are not only one to have a wrong version.php... I'm still wondering how this happens to quite a few persons...

Did you understand why this didn't get upgraded to 1.0.13 version when you upgraded joomla ?

We really need to find and understand the cause for this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn