[SOLVED] Reordering of Fields broken

16 years 7 months ago #43066 by dping28
[SOLVED] Reordering of Fields broken was created by dping28
I dont know if this is a bug or just something screwy on my setup, but when i go to the field manager and change the numbers to the order I want the fields and click the save icon above the column, it completely randomizes the fields, putting them in an order i didnt choose.. Only want I can organize them is by the up and down arrows, 1 at a time. Any one else have this problem?

EDIT: changed subject to solved

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/08/23 17:57

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/01/27 20:08

-D

CB Testteam member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43228 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Reordering of Fields broke?
I also have problems with reordering. It somwhow works to mmove tabs to the down using numbers, but it does not work moving tabs up by numbers, really weird.

16 years 7 months ago #43337 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Reordering of Fields broke?
Thanks for reporting and confirming, we will look into this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #43723 by decaye
Replied by decaye on topic Re:Reordering of Fields broke?
Hey Beat,

I also reported this bug on the test forum as well...but I misreported...

I said...

Ordering Fields is TOTALLY Screwed...if you even change 1 field...say I just want one field to be in the number 1 spot on a tab...the rest should just sort down by a number...

Man, they go all over the place....just go random...no pattern, just all over...only the sort arrows works correctly.

The sort arrows cause havoc as well...I hadn't noticed it before but the sort also likes to duplicate field numbering...as in...if I manually go into the DB and order the fields correctly...then use the arrow or inputbox to move 2 into 1...I may end up with two 1's or two 2's

---After sort----

Field1 Order=1
Field2 Order=1

and of course, the bigger problem...the random ordering after saving a sort...

16 years 7 months ago #43780 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Reordering of Fields broke?
Yeah, I then tried and replied that I couldn't reproduce...

Writing this one down for investigation.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #43844 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Reordering of Fields broke?
Confirmed on my end, too. Am experiencing the same problem right now — frustrating lol!

:side:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn