What exactly is the subscription plugin?

15 years 4 months ago #83081 by beat
We have been, are and will continue to carefully listen to customers-feedbacks, before, during and after the upcoming launch and will adapt in a customers-friendly way. :)

Think of that novel licensing model as a way to make it affordable to everyone selling subscriptions, collecting membership fees or receiving donations on the web, from day 1, and allowing the community to do it in a professional, efficient, automated way. ;)

No worries, there will be no immediate hard-enforcement of existing licenses, so even if a valid license reaches its credits-limit, the website, and also payments will continue to work fine for quite some time and will automatically remind the admin with plenty of time to react. Even then there will be no sudden degradations. We don't want to hurt any customer website or business by immediate stupid hard enforcements, just make it well affordable. :)

We plan to provide alternate licensing models as well. But let's first fix last bugs and release that plugin, can't wait that day, which is now not far away. :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83085 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:What exactly is the subscription plugin?
So that realy means that we have to pay twice for any payment we get? One for you and one for the payment system like paypal??

15 years 4 months ago #83197 by gchancy
Replied by gchancy on topic Re:What exactly is the subscription plugin?
MADKing wrote:

So that realy means that we have to pay twice for any payment we get? One for you and one for the payment system like paypal??

This was my question also. How does paying twice for the same subscription make the software more affordable?

I routinely pay $150.00 for a component like Acajoom Pro. Why not just slap a $100.00 to $150.00 price tag on it and be done with it?

15 years 3 months ago #83625 by ford
Well.

This has got me more than a little worried. For my site, there is a limit as to how much I can charge per month for a subscription, based on similar sites' charges.

Out of that monthly charge, I have to take out 25 % VAT (yes, 25 %), a proportional transaction fee to the payment gateway and a proportional transaction fee to the national credit surveillance. And then, of course, there is company tax ............

In the end, I'm left with peanuts. I'd much rather pay a one-off fee.

(And I just don't like the idea of software reporting back to a foreign site everytime a subscription is processed).

My few cents

Ford :unsure:

15 years 3 months ago #83629 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:What exactly is the subscription plugin?
ford wrote:

(And I just don't like the idea of software reporting back to a foreign site everytime a subscription is processed).

This is good for a company to collect user data ;)

15 years 3 months ago #83639 by nant
ford wrote:

Well.

This has got me more than a little worried. For my site, there is a limit as to how much I can charge per month for a subscription, based on similar sites' charges.

Out of that monthly charge, I have to take out 25 % VAT (yes, 25 %), a proportional transaction fee to the payment gateway and a proportional transaction fee to the national credit surveillance. And then, of course, there is company tax ............

In the end, I'm left with peanuts. I'd much rather pay a one-off fee.

My few cents

Ford :unsure:

Hi Ford! Welcome back!

You know us better than that ... B)

The transaction fee would not be a percentage of the actual subscription charge you make - it would be a few cents per transaction - nothing remotely close to what paypal charges.

We are also investigating other parallel pricing schemes for those who feel they would rather pay up front a much greater amount and not be bothered in the future.

Have faith - we want to make this work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn