GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 6 months ago #272361 by Burnardo
Replied by Burnardo on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
And for the other participants.... Where did you find it?

Thanks for your answer,
Burnardo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272362 by kosmos_
Replied by kosmos_ on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
i'm waiting for an answer from Alex.

Does somebody know if it possible to translate it, where and how?

Thanks.

8 years 6 months ago #272363 by nant
Replied by nant on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

kosmos_ wrote: i'm waiting for an answer from Alex.

Does somebody know if it possible to translate it, where and how?

Thanks.

Once it is translated on transifex it will automatically be picked up during the weekly language plugin build phase and pushed to our download area.

We are waiting for at least RC release first.

8 years 6 months ago #272369 by Burnardo
Replied by Burnardo on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Thanks...
Of course I should have some patience with this.

Keep up the good work.
Burnardo

8 years 6 months ago #272426 by gigayf
Replied by gigayf on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Hello,

I am having a few problems with GJ 3.0 beta and CB 2.0.11

1.- "New Group" button is available when visiting another persons profile. When clicking it, it allows creating a group on behalf of this other person as if he/she was the owner. This doesn't seem right. In fact I think the "owner" field at the end of the group creation screen should not exist, and it should just make the owner the person who is creating the group. It makes more sense.

2.- When creating (or editing) a group, there are fields to select if Invites, Events, Files, Photos, Videos and Wall are enabled or disabled for users. No matter what I select here, those are all enabled for all types of users, even someone who is not part of the group (i.e. any user can create events, send invites, upload files, etc). It would be great if the group owner could have more flexibility to select who can do what (permissions for public, registered users, group users, connections, and maybe even by type of connection). And also to be able to set defaults for these settings from the backend, and allow to remove the frontend users ability to choose them, probably on a usergroup level. I'm just thinking about the integration with CB Subs…

3.- I haven't been able to find how to restrict what users can do. Basically all users no matter if they are or not group owner (or even part of the group), they can edit, unpublish or delete: groups, events, posts, files, photos, "about" tab, etc… by clicking on the little "gear" button on the corner of each item.

Please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong with the settings.

These are my findings so far, and I will continue to test.

Thanks!

8 years 6 months ago #272427 by joebrickley
Replied by joebrickley on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Hello,
I am having problems uploading banner and logo images to my new test group. It fails with error :

Error
Failed to save Group Test Group because: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open 'public_html/bluefields-multimedia.co.uk/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgroupjive/0/5/56289789539dc.png' for writing: No such file or directory

and then adds another logo upload field and button... see attached

It also then replicated the group 5 times with the same name for some reason (but looking at the slightly different time stamps, maybe I attempted to 'save and close' a few times and it saved as a new group?) .

further test shows It looks like the issue is due to the group being left as being uncategorized, so its not possible to save banner or logo images until group is placed in a category.
Thanks,
Joe
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn