[SOLVED] User Menu showing _UE_USERNAME

14 years 4 months ago #116923 by webber_
Hi,
I just installed CB to my website and am trying to find the config to change the way the titles of the user login form are showing on the front end. It shows _UE_USERNAME above User Name, _UE_PASS above Password, and _UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD and _UE_NO_ACCOUNT _UE_REGISTER below the button showing _UE_BUTTON_LOGIN.
How do I make these display User Name, Password, Login, Lost User Name, and Register?
Site url is www.lastingimpressionwebdesign.com .
Thanks in advance.
Webber_

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/25 19:33

Jeff at Lasting Impression Web Design

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120663 by naseemj2
Replied by naseemj2 on topic Re:User Menu showing _UE_USERNAME
I had same problem: Please follow the following steps:
1. When you download CB 1.2.1 and Unzip it at your local hard drive, before uploading from Joomla Admin Panel \ Extensions \ Install/uninstall
2. In your local drive you will see following files unzipped.
a. Cb_expert_files_only_j_1.5.tar
b. cb_expert_files_only_m_4_j_1.0.tar
c. com_comprofiler
d. mod_cblogin
e. mod_comprofilerModerator
f. mod_comprofilerOnline
g. README-NEW-INSTALL
h. README-UPGRADE

3. Then first important file which you will upload to joomla as extenstion is “com_comprofiller” and if you also unzip this file to your local hard drive you will notice there is another ZIPfile or tgz inside named “pluginsfiles.tgz” and this file will upload when you will install “com_comprofiler” if not then use FTP.
4. Use FTP to access your website hosting site & under “your domain” you will see following folder in same order as / yourdomain.com / components /com_profiler / plugin this is where you suppose to unzip that “pluginfiles.tgz” or where you have install joomla / components /com_profiler / plugin
5. Some cases you have to unzip twice because it might be double Zipped, Make sure you rename folder “Pluginfiles” into “Plugin” so this folder will have 3 folder & one index file.
Extra Tip: If you do not know how to use FTP then go to joomla.org website find extension “eXtplorer download & upload it as joomla plugin, then you can see all your files.
Summary:
Unzip “Pluginfiles.tgz” into /components/com_profiler/plugin
You have to rename pluginsfiles folder to "plugin"

Advise:
If you find solution as example where did you saw file abxyz.php under which folder ? please write steps to access change file rather than saying go change abcdef.php file into ghijkL.php where and how? Thanks.

Naseem
www.Rightmotion.com

Toronto, Ontario

Post edited by: naseemj2, at: 2010/01/20 01:28
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: basuki

14 years 2 months ago #120664 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:User Menu showing _UE_USERNAME
Something is wrong with your installation. Please follow the installation instructions step-by-step to make sure you haven't missed anything. Also make sure you are using current versions and meet the minimum requirements. See the Help Us Help You in my signature.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 2 months ago #122004 by Tureop
Replied by Tureop on topic Re:User Menu showing _UE_USERNAME
First of all, sorry about my poor english.

I have the same problem... I just installed and re-installed CB 1.2.1 and i see names like _UE_NANME, _UE_BUTTON...

I tried to change the label from the CB's back-end and still the same problem...

Any suggestions?

Thanks;)

14 years 2 months ago #122005 by Tureop
Replied by Tureop on topic Re:User Menu showing _UE_USERNAME
I'll show you an image ...

For more information... At first installation step I got the message:
[code:1]Warning: file 'components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz' still
exists.
This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not
complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are
sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second
installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here:
(link: please click here to continue next and last installation step).[/code:1]

Uncompressed pluginsfiles.tgz and rename the
resulting directory 'pluginsfiles' to 'plugin' at the same place.

But the problem is still there...
Attachments:

14 years 5 days ago #127704 by Cataussie
Replied by Cataussie on topic THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE
Tureop,

I agree with you. I have the same problem.

I tried everything: create the plugin folder, put it installing and putting via ftp the folder, put it before installing... but always the same message:

Warning: file 'components/com_comprofiler pluginsfiles.tgz' still exists.
This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here:(link: please click here to continue next and last installation step).

And cannot uncompressed the tgz file.

So it doesn't work.

Anyone from Joomlapolis can help us, or is it any way of an easyer installation???

Thanks for your work and support.

Cataussie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn