Error on fields and list tabs

15 years 4 weeks ago #92280 by eewolf
Replied by eewolf on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
OK. Just learning the interface. I found the Admin template (staring me in the face): "Khepri, v1.0, 5/24/2006 by Andy Miller". Wow! Is that the latest being distributed in Joomla 1.5.9?

OK, so assuming the problem lies with the default template (as my PHP is 5.2.6), do you have a recommendation for a solid template? Do you not experience this problem? What are you using?

There are so many templates out there, free and otherwise. I am hesitant to pay/subscribe to various extensions when I'm still not convinced this platform is even worth the time and $. I would think that I should be able to get the basics up and running without complicating matters with a bunch of add-ons.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
I'm using the same template, that is joomlas default.

The paging and sorting using javascript, which appears to be having a conflict.

I am unable to duplicate the issue, which browser are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92711 by eewolf
Replied by eewolf on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
As I said in my previous post, I've tried IE7, Firefox 3, and Safari, and all exhibit the same behavior. The error

reported by my IE7 browser points to the PHP script (/administrator/index2.php), just stating "Object expected". I'm

not familiar with debugging PHP applications, so do not know how to localize the real problem.

So, if the same product works fine on your system, then it would seem that there is something different in my

environment. Let's see now...

MY COMPUTER
Browsers: IE 7.0.6001.18000, Firefox 3.0.6, Safari 3.1.2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0, Update 11
Java 6, Update 11

ANOTHER COMPUTER (same problem)
Browser: IE 7.0.5730.13
Java 6, Update 12

MY WEB SERVER
Kernel version: 2.6.24.4
Machine Type: i686
Apache version: 2.0.63
PERL version: 5.8.8
Path to PERL: /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
PHP version: 5.2.6
MySQL version: 4.1.22-standard-log

JOOMLA COMPONENTS
Joomla 1.5.9, Full Package
CB 1.2, Stable release

Did I miss anything? Do you see anything that raises an instant red flag? I'm thinking of suspecting my Web Server environment, but do not know where to start. Maybe I'll send them a message.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Greg

15 years 3 weeks ago #92753 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
If possible try upgrading to MYSQL 5 and see what happens.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #121462 by Lag
Replied by Lag on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
I'm experiencing the exact same problem on a joomla 1.5.15 install (without sample data) and only Community Builder 1.2.1 installed.

I'm moving my installation back to my local JSAS now (previous install was done online) to see if the site causes the problem or the hoster (hoster runs php in safe mode, though I've been able to host other joomla 1.5 sites there).

I also changed the table prefix to something else than jos_, will also try to revert that to jos_ to see if this helps.

14 years 1 month ago #125717 by dbracchiglione
Replied by dbracchiglione on topic Re:Error on fields and list tabs
Hi i have the same problem you posted on joomla 1.5 and community builder. Where you able to solve the problem?

thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn