CBSubs 1.0 Released!

15 years 1 week ago #95346 by Polarwolf
Replied by Polarwolf on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
I was very interested in CBSubs (I waited 8 months, others longer) for my website but when I seen those prices and limitations, I almost fell out of my chair.

I do understand the amount of work the developers had to complete to create this extension, but they simply closed the door on many small to medium websites with pricing like that. 500 Users for $125 seems like a money grab to me and is considerably more than the competition that has no user limitations.

I guess I will wait until Joomla 1.6 is released, thus destroying the need for ACL extensions and I'll get ACE for subscriptions unless this component comes down in price drastically.

I agree with accxess, excited and disappointed all in the same day. Good luck with the component guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95361 by allegrande
Replied by allegrande on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
It would have been nice with a "free" version, licensed to maybe one or two users - possible to run on a testserver/localhost.
To me price is not that important. If this subscription-component is the beste there is I will get it, but it would have been nice to be able to test it, and maybe compare it with AEC (and others) without having to pay.

15 years 1 week ago #95362 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
allegrande wrote:

It would have been nice with a "free" version, licensed to maybe one or two users - possible to run on a testserver/localhost.
To me price is not that important. If this subscription-component is the beste there is I will get it, but it would have been nice to be able to test it, and maybe compare it with AEC (and others) without having to pay.

As you can see here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95059/catid,92/limit,6/limitstart,6/

There is a 10 day money back offer for those that respond to the thread before purchase.

This way you can compare and choose.

15 years 1 week ago #95415 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
I agree with Polarwolf, I have been waitng for this extension for such a long time, but because of the high price I can not get it. If you could make the starter free or really cheap we could start using it and build our customer database and when it reaches 500 I would gladly pay the 125 €

Or even a free 250 user version???

It's never too late to re-consider pricing you know :)

Post edited by: Phantom.Knight, at: 2009/04/17 15:51

15 years 1 week ago #95432 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Hi Guys,

I recognise the disappointment some of you may feel but I have to say that you get a lot for your money and it doesn't involve any hacks to the Joomla core.

Most not-for-profit or charity users can get donations for a small site. 250 users giving 50cents each gets the licence. I am sure you could advertise the benefits to your site users and somebody would feel benevolent enough to contribute.

When you look at the scale of price increase it is a real encouragement to keep membership affordable to as wide an audience as possible. That will fund the licence and raise funds for the organisation too.

Cheers for now.

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

15 years 1 week ago #95451 by Polarwolf
Replied by Polarwolf on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
I don't want a free version as this IS a ecommerce extension and I do want the developers to be compensated on their hard work and dedication.

I am willing to pay for the Starter license if the amount of users are raised to 1000 or more. Right now I don't even have 50 members on my site, but the site is still a work in progress and when I do decide to truly advertise, members should come quickly. My problem is with the math.

I plan to have a monthly subscription to one main special plan. If I get 1 user out of 100 (that is realistic) to subscribe to the plan, at say $9.99 per month. With the current limitation of only 500 users, that means only a revenue of $50 before paypal fees per month. This doesn't include the money I have to pay independent multimedia creators to include their content in this special plan.

There is a huge balancing act I must adhere to in order to keep my website level headed. I truly do want to try this component out, but including my reservations from above and the point that I can't truly use it without risk (even though you guys say there is a 10-day risk free money back guarantee). In order for me to see if this component will truly meet my needs, I would have to see how it plays with the many components I have installed on my test server.

To the point, if you guys decide to up the starter user limitation to something more realistic, I promise you another sale and when my site does gather a huge following, I will upgrade to the unlimited plan with unlimited maintenance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds