CBSubs 1.0 Released!

15 years 4 days ago #96454 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Phantom.Knight wrote:

This is really good news, actually a demo would be even better. Thanks for listening.

I am now considering buying CBSubs and since it is not cheap and there is no demo nor documentation, I need you to confirm few things. I know I asked this question before and someone said yes, but I really need to hear it from the admin before I signup, so here it is:

I am going to build a site identical(functionality only) to aupair.com so I need to know if I can:
1- create two different registration pages (groups) and each page can have a different registration form for different questions.
2- view the registered users as a list in limited detail (not showing their contact details)
3- create a subscription system so that if somebody wants to contact the registered user or see their profile in detail they can buy subscription
4- finally able to create search forms with multiple field options, such as search country and gender and above certain age etc..

If I can achieve the above conditions you have another customer!

If i understand your questions correctly at this late forums-catchup hour...:

1) yes, as long as fields which are not on all plans are not mandatory (small feature-limit of CBSubs 1.0.0 that will be improved in a future maintenance release)

2) yes

3) yes

4) standard CB lists search feature imho... Access can be protected by CBSubs URL protection, and fields access protectioin, both integration plugins which come with CBSubs.

You are welcome. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 day ago #96838 by eirikop
Replied by eirikop on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Are there any plans to include a wordpay getaway in CBsubs soon?
If it is, how soon?

What I have read so far is promising, so I may whant to buy a licens. Have anyone any commentes on this component, compared to AEC?
Hopefully this one is easier to integrate with CB? Any onther issues?

15 years 1 day ago #96840 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
eirikop wrote:

If it is, how soon?

What I have read so far is promising, so I may whant to buy a licens. Have anyone any commentes on this component, compared to AEC?

AEC does have some features you don´t have here, like hidden and fallback plans (really powerfull:)) and a lot of microintegration.
However, you need to use something like JUGA as well in order to restrict access based on user groups (based on is subscription plan). This can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage, depending on your capability to restrict yourself to logic structures and plans.

CBsubs has a more slick design, is a little easier to understand, and has access restriction integrated.
Lack off payment processors and integration plugin availability will force you into a choice for AEC at the moment perhaps, but if they catch up with CBsubs on this area, for me the choice is CBsubs.

15 years 1 day ago #96867 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
eirikop wrote:

If it is, how soon?

Thanks.

More gateways are planed to come, WorldPay is in the list. Can't give a date yet, as we just released CBSubs and the uptake and feedback has been phenomenal, but more gateways are in the top priorities.

We have also added fallback and hidden plans to the priorities, and those should be coming quite soon too hopefully.

It's really exciting times here. :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #97263 by DiPiers
Replied by DiPiers on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Hi All!!! Nice component...but i need the italian language...maybe i can help in the translation!!!
Contact me!!!

Byeeeee,
Magg

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1 Stable
Seblod 2.0 GA
Akeeba Backup & Tools

14 years 11 months ago #97265 by DiPiers
Replied by DiPiers on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Maggiordomo wrote:

Hi All!!! Nice component...but i need the italian language...maybe i can help in the translation!!!
Contact me!!!

Byeeeee,
Magg

Sorry...which are the files that i need to translate?
...so i can begin...

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1 Stable
Seblod 2.0 GA
Akeeba Backup & Tools

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds