CBSubs 1.0 Released!

15 years 1 week ago #95579 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
hjames wrote:

My honest suggestion to the team would be to release a 14 Day Trial License that allows users to install it on their site and see what its all about.

Yea, its great to see a TAB here but to full understand it through SELF USE is 1000x's more convincing.

I know that most encoding systems allow the use of Trial License.

Anyone else agree?

I personally would consider it but need that testing phase first.

Thanks,
James

Also, would the license be LOCKED to a Domain? Or is it free domain usage but on (1) or (2) << however many you buy? What about a DEV/TEST environment? Such as localhost?

Make sure you take these things into consideration.

James

- We don't have trial licenses at this stage, but we have set-up a 10-days money-back guarrantee here for that purpose:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95059/catid,92/
Isn't that pretty close ;) ? advantage is that if you like it (100% of the cases so far :) ), you directly have your final license, and final setup :) .

- Licenses are floating licenses. Right now you need to contact us to reset domains, but soon you will be able to do it yourself from your profile. There is one extra-domain for non-live site (e.g. localhost or test or dev site) included as stated here:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7140/78/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95581 by beat
Andy101 wrote:

Ok 3 questions:

1. The 95 Euro license is for 500 users. Theres no renewal fee every year right. Ie the subs will continue to work as long as it does not exceed 500 users?

2. How easy is it to do an upgrade later on? Complicated? Can relate the steps.

3. Can I integrate with CB 1.2 + virtuemart + Groupjive + Kurena forum 1.09 + Joomla 1.59?

Thank you,

Will be buying very soon after my doubts are cleared :laugh:

Post edited by: Andy101, at: 2009/04/19 12:36

Replies from 3cellhosting are correct. To reply completely to your question 2:

Upgrading the license is extremely easy and fully automated: just go to your user profile, you will see your license(s) with a button "upgrade license": choose the upgrade (you can upgrade several parameters at once), prices are automatically calculated strictly as the difference of price between the existing and the upgraded options. Then proceed to payment. Once payment is completed (which is instant with credit-cards), your existing license number, and existing installation(s) using that license number are automatically upgraded with the new options/limits enabled in CBSubs.

So no new license numbers, just a visit to your profile here. :)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95603 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Thanks for the Clarifications BEAT!

I am in a mid point trying to determine weither this will be a needed feature for me or not. I do have one other question which pretains to updates.

How frequent will these be? Are we pretty confident that this is 99.99% Stable?

Thanks,
James

15 years 1 week ago #95620 by beat
hjames wrote:

Thanks for the Clarifications BEAT!

I am in a mid point trying to determine weither this will be a needed feature for me or not. I do have one other question which pretains to updates.

How frequent will these be? Are we pretty confident that this is 99.99% Stable?

Thanks,
James

Regarding stability:

- we initially planed a public RC1 after the Pre-RC1 to CBSUbs testteam. But PRC1 was feeling "Stable" to all testers and to us to, so we decided to to name it "CBSubs 1.0 (stable)". After a few days of feedbacks, we believe the naming is right (just look around in forum to get an impression ;) ). Other CBSubs users are welcome to reply to this question as well ;)

-regarding future versions: this plugin will be actively developed further. There will be a small maintenance release fixing the reported small glitches pretty soon now, most probably in coming days. We do plan smaller release cycles for CBSubs (and for CB too), now that the major milestones of CB 1.2 and CBSubs 1.0 are achieved.

Once you get CBSubs, you will easily understand why it took over 2 years to develop it ;) , and why future releases shouldn't take that much. We have not yet done the releases plan, as we would like to take in account feedbacks from users first. There are a few top-priority features that will be in the next release for sure, plus probably a few more, gathered reading feedbacks here :)

15 years 1 week ago #95698 by pmoscatt
Replied by pmoscatt on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
I agree with the others, a free option for low user volumes would not hurt sales, it would increase them.
If the extension was as good as it looks users would come to content and the site would have to upgrade.

Also there is no loss if the user count is set to something like 50 or so. A site with 20 members would probably not be able to pay for the modual anyhow.

Finally $95 US is a little high. At $49 you would sell twice as many and grow the community of users faster.

15 years 1 week ago #95885 by studiosoho
Replied by studiosoho on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Hi:

I just thought i would chime in on the idea of a free developers (1-2 user) version or a free time limited version.

I am new to Joomla (in the 18 months or so) and will no longer purchase software that i can't try first.

Joomla is a giant puzzle. figuring out a way to make all the components work takes time, especially for those of us who are relative novices.

I fully support paying for software that works for my site and I think the prices/pricing model for CBSubs is very reasonable **if** it does what i need. My problem is that I can't compare a list of features and figure out if it will do what i need.

Isn't that pretty close ? advantage is that if you like it (100% of the cases so far ), you directly have your final license, and final setup

No..it isn't close. 10 days is probably plenty for someone who wants allow a download of a pdf. Your solution (and pricing) is overkill for them. For those of us who are using this in a more complex way, 10 days is insufficient.

If this were a tiny little widget, then yes, but for a component with as many feature/variations as this, and especially for those of us who run our businesses during the day and squeeze in development at night and on weekends won't be able to tell.

I have purchased most of the Joomsuite components. Their policy of letting users download (and redownload) unlimited 15 day licenses worked great for me. JSResources took me a long time to figure out, but now that i have it, i am a customer for life. Their JSMember and Bill software doesn't work for my situation.

I am grateful to them for not forcing me to pay for it in order figure that out.

ps. here is my list of buyer's remorse:

APC (mikkosoft.fi/)
and as a result of APC blowing up i regret:
JACL documents
AEC documents
Joomla Knowledgebase
Phil-a-form.

I stopped purchasing without having time to full develop and test after that.
(eta: i should note: there was nothing at all wrong with those solutions above (except in the end APC), but they just conflicted or didn't integrate properly with other components on my site and i was, in the end, unable to use them.)

Post edited by: studiosoho, at: 2009/04/21 19:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds