CBSubs 1.0 Released!

15 years 1 week ago #96003 by j_pdc
Replied by j_pdc on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
beat wrote:

My point of view was always and still is that if a business or a non-for-profit can't afford to "invest" a hundred Euros or dollars into a money-making application, then the probability that the problem is not in the cost of the investment, but elsewhere might be quite high, and that the question of viability should be solved rather sooner than later.

Hi,

As many others I have waited for that feature to be available, but I too am disapointed with the excessive price. I understand that there is a lot of work involved here, but I do not agree with you when you say that everybody should be able to afford it. The thing is that not everybody will use this feature to make money.

In my case I am building a website that will offer free services to people. It is basically a site that will link group A and group B types of people together. Group A is always seeking the services of group B and group B is always looking for group A people to service but there is no good structure currently existing to link these 2 groups. I want them to be able to register in 2 different groups (2 FREE registration options) and answer registration questions based on their group. Group A will have acces to the list of group B members but not of group A members.

I think CBSubs would be perfect for that, but since I won't be making money with this site I can't afford to pay that much. I would have paid 25-30 euros max out of my pocket to get this feature, but not more. I want to offer the service of my website for free to people, this is the whole point of doing this website. As the site grows I might be able to plead for a donation from the members to keep the site going by purchasing a more expensive liscence, but even with 500 users I don't think I'll be able to raise the 145 euros for the second level of subscription.

I would like to see the first level of subscription at 25-30 euros for 1000 users (not 500). That would give a chance to people like me who won't be using this feature to make money to still purchase it and use it. Then if my site reaches more then 1000 users I should be able to prove that it is useful enough and maybe get some money from the governement or from advertisers to allow me to pay the full price for the second level of subscription.

At this price I can't afford and won't pay for that feature. I'll do what I can with what I can afford and I know I'm not the only one. Like someone else said, you would probably be making more money buy lowering the price of the first subscription level because a lot more people would buy it.

Another suggestion is to have a free or low price non commercial version of it that does not allow paid subscriptions, only free subscriptions... that would be great!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #96044 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Hi,

Beat already mentioned that this is the wrong place to discuss about prices. Sorry for being off topic in advance :)

Yes, I also agree that there should be a free version (3-10 users) to test and poke around if requirements are met...

...but I can not understand the people who cry about the price. As Beat said (in other words), if your project can't afford 145€ or even 1000€ you may want to drop it and invest your time better.

Beside that you always have TWO choices:

1) MONEY
If you have the money or you realize that the money is a good investment. Pay some bucks to get this amazing thing. You may raise the money with sponsoring/partnerships/google ads/people who invest your project because they like your idea.

2) TIME
If you do not want to invest or have the money to buy it: invest time to do it yourself. Start programming and/or find another solution by searching around.

As you see it is all about time or money - choose what you want. You always have the choice.

A quick calculation if you want to do it yourself:
To get an equal solution you may need some hundret hours (or even more than thousand?) of programming. How high is a programmer/your hourly rate? 5, 10, 50, 100 EUR? If you take 5 € for 1 hour of your programming skills (which is about the factor 10-20 less than a realistic price in the western world). You can invest 29 hours to get this thing done. This is not realistic - therefore IMHO the price is cheap + you get a solution to make money. Do not blame CBSubs price if your business case is not working out.

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2009/04/22 17:13

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 5 days ago #96311 by pashmak
Replied by pashmak on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Hey,

I think the price is totally fair!

Im just disappointed that this doesnt work through virtuemart. I was hoping that I could use Danish Gateway like Epay(epay.dk), so my users could pay with their creditcard.

Unf. thats not possible at this time, and god knows when/if joomlapolist will integrate epay gateway. :/

If it was possible, I would jump cbsubs right away.

But as it is for now, I can just wait and hope.

Post edited by: pashmak, at: 2009/04/24 08:14

15 years 5 days ago #96317 by rottpung
Replied by rottpung on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
nant wrote:

allegrande wrote:

It would have been nice with a "free" version, licensed to maybe one or two users - possible to run on a testserver/localhost.
To me price is not that important. If this subscription-component is the beste there is I will get it, but it would have been nice to be able to test it, and maybe compare it with AEC (and others) without having to pay.

As you can see here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95059/catid,92/limit,6/limitstart,6/

There is a 10 day money back offer for those that respond to the thread before purchase.

This way you can compare and choose.

I think allegrande's point is that it would be nice to test the component/plugins at a local server and read the documentation before you pay. This way you would learn to use it and set it up properly, thereby knowing if it fulfill your customers needs or not.

I myself use CB a lot in my joomla building, and before I can negotiate the project's price with my customers, I need to estimate no. of work hours to make a precise price offer for my customers to considerate.

I think the price is OK, but I would like to test before I recommend commercial components to my customers, and to be sure that the investment in the component fulfill my client's needs.

I will pay those $125 and cancel my subscription within 10 days so I can at least test it and read the documents.

I'm sorry that we have to move money back and forth just to test the cb sub. Hope you will consider making a test version available for free, or at least release the cb subs documentation for free.

Thx

15 years 5 days ago #96345 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
A few quick news:

Listening at replies, we have extended the money-back guarantee to 30 days on a general scale, retroactively for everyone.

We have also added a special offer, which will be made retroactively available to those who already purchased already in coming days for a free 3 months hosting with us.

We have heard request for demo, and are looking into demo possibility. Until then the money-back guarantee 30 days holds. We are very pleased that CBSubs must be quite ok until now nobody requested the money back :)

Finally we are preparing an upcoming minor maintenance release 1.0.1 which addresses all the small issues reported in here.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 days ago #96353 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
This is really good news, actually a demo would be even better. Thanks for listening.

I am now considering buying CBSubs and since it is not cheap and there is no demo nor documentation, I need you to confirm few things. I know I asked this question before and someone said yes, but I really need to hear it from the admin before I signup, so here it is:

I am going to build a site identical(functionality only) to aupair.com so I need to know if I can:
1- create two different registration pages (groups) and each page can have a different registration form for different questions.
2- view the registered users as a list in limited detail (not showing their contact details)
3- create a subscription system so that if somebody wants to contact the registered user or see their profile in detail they can buy subscription
4- finally able to create search forms with multiple field options, such as search country and gender and above certain age etc..

If I can achieve the above conditions you have another customer!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds