CBSubs 1.0 Released!

14 years 11 months ago #98673 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
goodlook wrote:

Dear Creator or Expert of CBSubs,

I want to create three types of users registration forms (say Type1, Type2 and Type3). I want that:

(1) Type1 users can only search and view Type2 and Type3 users.

(2) Type2 and Type3 users can only search and view the Type1 users.

Please let me know if CBSubs is able to configure that before I purchase this module.

Many Thanks
Goodlook
goodlook2008@yahoo.co.uk

2 types of users is a use-case in CBSubs manual, similar to above. Guess that with 3 types of users, it should work too :D .

Only thing is that you might need to add CBfields to make the users-lists working fine, and use the CB fields integration plugin and the tabs&fields protect integration plugin. Both are explained in the manual.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98762 by goodlook
Replied by goodlook on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Dear Beat,
Thank you for your reply. But you haven't advised me about if I can restrict one type of user to search or view another type of users in CB.

For example, I don't want Type1 users to have right to search or view Type2 users, but be able to search or view Type3 users. (Providing that I have three types of registered users)

I am new to CB and CBSubs, so please give me some advice.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Goodlook2008@yahoo.co.uk

14 years 11 months ago #98765 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
goodlook wrote:

Dear Beat,
Thank you for your reply. But you haven't advised me about if I can restrict one type of user to search or view another type of users in CB.

For example, I don't want Type1 users to have right to search or view Type2 users, but be able to search or view Type3 users. (Providing that I have three types of registered users)

I am new to CB and CBSubs, so please give me some advice.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Goodlook2008@yahoo.co.uk

Yes, maybe my answer was to short... ;) : most probably possible

Most probably possible with using CB fields reflecting the subscritption automatically, using the CBFields integration plugin and specific lists, protected by CBSubs content protection integration plugin. FInally, CBSubs FIelds&Tabs protection will give you the fine grain on all of that. :)

I'm saying "most probably" as I don't know enough of your exact needs to say "possible". But User manual explains such settings with 2 type of users, and you got 30 days money-back guarantee, so you can really try your exact scenario, fine tune it, and in the unlikely case it seems to not fulfill your need, ask questions in forum here, and if still not happy still get a refund.

Just, once purchased, take your time to read the manual, to understand the concepts and possibilities first. It's flexible and powerful.

(Please open a new thread in "CBSubs pre-sales" forum if you have any additional questions, as this thread discusses the news in general. Thanks. ;) )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100845 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
beat wrote:

Phantom.Knight wrote:

This is really good news, actually a demo would be even better. Thanks for listening.

I am now considering buying CBSubs and since it is not cheap and there is no demo nor documentation, I need you to confirm few things. I know I asked this question before and someone said yes, but I really need to hear it from the admin before I signup, so here it is:

I am going to build a site identical(functionality only) to aupair.com so I need to know if I can:
1- create two different registration pages (groups) and each page can have a different registration form for different questions.
2- view the registered users as a list in limited detail (not showing their contact details)
3- create a subscription system so that if somebody wants to contact the registered user or see their profile in detail they can buy subscription
4- finally able to create search forms with multiple field options, such as search country and gender and above certain age etc..

If I can achieve the above conditions you have another customer!

If i understand your questions correctly at this late forums-catchup hour...:

1) yes, as long as fields which are not on all plans are not mandatory (small feature-limit of CBSubs 1.0.0 that will be improved in a future maintenance release)

2) yes

3) yes

4) standard CB lists search feature imho... Access can be protected by CBSubs URL protection, and fields access protectioin, both integration plugins which come with CBSubs.

You are welcome. :)

Ok I am now building the site everything is going well except I still havent got a clue on how to create different groups. I have been reading the CBSubs documentation (it is a really great documentation by the way) there is so much to grasp at first, so I need a little advice from you;

How do I create different groups? Is it under CB or CBSubs? If I create 2 subscriptions one for aupairs and one for families what is the best way to tie these subscriptions to groups? Because I need to have 2 register pages one for families one for aupairs...

14 years 10 months ago #102346 by theamericanben
Replied by theamericanben on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
My guess is you no longer require people to post their trial interest, as there is a 30 day trial notice on download ... but just in case ...

I am off to see if CBSubs works for me.

Thanks.

Ben Nathan

14 years 9 months ago #103973 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
beat wrote:

Phantom.Knight wrote:

This is really good news, actually a demo would be even better. Thanks for listening.

I am now considering buying CBSubs and since it is not cheap and there is no demo nor documentation, I need you to confirm few things. I know I asked this question before and someone said yes, but I really need to hear it from the admin before I signup, so here it is:

I am going to build a site identical(functionality only) to aupair.com so I need to know if I can:
1- create two different registration pages (groups) and each page can have a different registration form for different questions.
2- view the registered users as a list in limited detail (not showing their contact details)
3- create a subscription system so that if somebody wants to contact the registered user or see their profile in detail they can buy subscription
4- finally able to create search forms with multiple field options, such as search country and gender and above certain age etc..

If I can achieve the above conditions you have another customer!

If i understand your questions correctly at this late forums-catchup hour...:

1) yes, as long as fields which are not on all plans are not mandatory (small feature-limit of CBSubs 1.0.0 that will be improved in a future maintenance release)

2) yes

3) yes

4) standard CB lists search feature imho... Access can be protected by CBSubs URL protection, and fields access protectioin, both integration plugins which come with CBSubs.

You are welcome. :)

Hello again, I think I am doing great progress, I was able to achive 1, 2 and 3 so far (my forms are huge with so manyfields hence taking a long time)

I am now trying to achive no 4 which is searching different fields. How do I create a search page where users can search members according to country, age, dates etc. I couldnt find a module or menu item to create any kind of search let alone advanced search.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds