Stripe Gateway Handling

1 year 2 months ago #332737 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Gateway Handling

1. Please help me get this resolved because ironically, this has now happened to the same user twice and it is not good for business!

Check CBSubs > Notifications and CBSubs > History Log. Every step of CBSubs Stripe is logged to the History Log. Any and every error, warning, notice from CBSubs Stripe is designed to log. The only exception is if Stripe never made it to the gateways webhook URL.

2. Please let me know exactly which of the events the Stripe webhook needs to send to our site, such as charge.succeeded? Currently it is listening for "All Events" and I do not believe this is necessary. I need all events that would be needed for our CBSubs and not others.

These will be listed in CBSubs Stripe in the next release, but the following are all you need to listen to at this time.

charge.refunded
charge.succeeded
charge.failed
charge.dispute.created
charge.dispute.closed
payment_intent.succeeded
payment_intent.payment_failed
checkout.session.completed
invoice.payment_succeeded
invoice.payment_failed
customer.subscription.deleted

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332739 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
I did indeed check the history & notifications. I found erroneous information in history but nothing in notifications. Please see the attached image showing the incorrect date for this user.

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332742 by krileon
The date is fine. IPNs can't guarantee an exact datetime of when they'll come through. If you're using recurring payments you must set a Grace Period on your plans. Several payment methods could take minutes, hours, days, or weeks to process. At minimum a 3 day grace period should be set

I don't see any immediate issues in your logs though. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will see if the IPN is missing data for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

1 year 2 months ago #332743 by wjgadmin
Yes sir, I've sent the PM :)

1 year 2 months ago #332745 by wjgadmin
Apologies for multiple messages, I figured I'd send an image of the Stripe logs so you can see they were successfully sent. Actually, if you check the time on each of them (except for the subscription.trial_will_end), you'll see that I resent them this morning. I hope this helps!

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332746 by krileon
There's no notifications for that basket at all. So the webhook never arrived. Within Stripe > Dashboard > Webhooks > YOUR_WEBHOOK you should see a list of webhooks sent to your site. If it failed to reach your site it should be noted there, but their webhooks are just looking for a 200 response so it's not really indicative of if we processed the webhook or not. Please be absolutely sure your webhook URL is correct AND reachable (e.g. try navigating to it manually which should just show a blank page).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn