Stripe Gateway Handling

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333144 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
Was this for a single payment or recurring payment? Looking into this further as to where things might of gone wrong. Single payments via payment intents seam to be fully functional with the 3DS popup. Reviewing SetupIntents, which are used for recurring, but they should behave the same.

Edit: Recurring are also showing the 3DS popup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333145 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
Thank you for the response. This makes sense, however is there a way to NOT allow the user to pass and get to the point of a pending status without passing the authentication properly?

I've changed the gateway = Hosted Checkout, so hopefully the user will now be able to complete. That being said, it seems strange the user was allowed to be sent the CBSubs pending message because once they receive that message via our site, Stripe has told me there is no way for them to send the user a way to authenticate. So it should be completed during the checkout process or the user shouldn't be allowed to proceed. Does this sound correct to you?

1 year 1 month ago #333146 by wjgadmin

Was this for a single payment or recurring payment? Looking into this further as to where things might of gone wrong. Single payments via payment intents seam to be fully functional with the 3DS popup. Reviewing SetupIntents, which are used for recurring, but they should behave the same.

Edit: Recurring are also showing the 3DS popup.
This was a recurring payment subscription.

1 year 1 month ago #333147 by krileon
Ok, am looking into handling the next_action behavior server side in addition to Stripe JS. I've no idea why the 3DS did not popup for them. They are correct that 3DS is required the payment is blocked and is the case in all my tests with single and recurring with Stripes 3DS test cards. The server side handling of next_action should solve this though as when processing the SetupIntent or PaymentIntent it will see a 3DS redirect is needed and send them to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333148 by krileon
Looked into this further and it maybe due to your Radar settings within Stripe. If not setup correctly it won't request 3DS. Suggest contacting Stripe to make sure your Radar settings are correct. Am still going to implement the server side handling of next_action as a precaution though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 1 month ago #333149 by wjgadmin
They said all should be good. You can require 3DS via API, this is per Stripe:
"3D Secure conversion
3D Secure is a verification step with the card issuer during a payment or when saving a card, to reduce fraud. You can request 3D Secure via Radar or the API. Additionally, Stripe triggers 3D Secure when required by regulation. Understand how your authentication impacts your payment conversion. See more
"

stripe.com/docs/payments/3d-secure

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn