Stripe Gateway Handling

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333150 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
Ok, implemented server side handling of requires_action in the event Stripe JS fails to for whatever reason. When the payment is being processed it'll check if requires_action status is set and if next_action.type is set to redirect_to_url. If it is it'll redirect them to the URL provided by Stripe to finish authenticating. It's very strange Stripe didn't do this itself though as it's supposed to. Maybe the popup didn't display due to a JS error? Not sure, but this will cover cases where that could happen.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9141

Once reviewed and merged a new release will be made available. Will let you know when it is. Likely sometime today or early tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333151 by krileon
Am also contacting support about this as I was able to replicate your issue. The SetupIntent validates 3DS fine, but when attached to the Subscription the Invoice created by it creates a PaymentIntent, which fails the 3DS which doesn't make any sense.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333152 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
Thank you for digging into this!

1 year 1 month ago #333156 by krileon
Phew, with some back and forth with support it looks like I don't in fact need to rewrite all this. So a fix should be available sometime today or early tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 1 month ago #333157 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
That is great news! We haven't had the user rerun their payment attempt yet so we will as soon as the release is available. Thank you

1 year 1 month ago #333158 by krileon
I honestly recommend you stay with Hosted Checkout as you seam to accept a lot of payments from India. The friction caused by SCA increases the chance of failed payments quite significantly. It's that or don't accept recurring payments and only accept single payments (manual renewals). Recurring payments could go into authenticate and if that happens we've no way to communicate this to them to authenticate. Next release will simply reject these and error that their payment method cannot be used for subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn