Stripe Gateway Handling

1 year 1 month ago #333160 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
You may already have this but it was sent to me by Stripe & I thought I’d share just in case as the scenario (specifically #1) seems to cover all aspects of this situation.
I’ve left our cart on hosted checkout for now as you recommended. Please let me know if this is helpful or will help with this?

stripe.com/docs/billing/migration/strong-customer-authentication#scenario-1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
We can't do Scenario #1 due to the different use cases we have to support. For example different initial price and duration from the recurring, which requires us to use a SubscriptionSchedule that can't work with Scenario #1.

We've implemented Scenario #2 instead. We do authenticate SCA on initial payment at all times, but what was happening is the SCA was failing for the initial invoice when we were creating the subscriptions and this should be fixed in next release as we now explicitly set off_session to true when we create subscriptions.

stripe.com/docs/billing/migration/strong-customer-authentication#scenario-2

In a future release I might try implementing Scenario #1 AND Scenario #2, but that's yet another rewrite to deal with that I do not have the time for after already rewriting this to support Scenario #2 and really shouldn't be necessary.

Also within your Stripe account navigate to Settings > Subscriptions and emails > Manage payments that require confirmation and toggle on "Customer emails". If Stripe requires SCA during a recurring payment it will email them to authorize it. We don't handle this ourself via webhook and currently don't plan to since Stripe can more cleanly.

With next release you'll be able to configure whether you want to accept incomplete payments, which will cause Stripe to send them an SCA email so that will be entirely up to you and in those situations the basket will be put into a pending status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333162 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Gateway Handling
Ok, the changes mentioned above are now implemented and available in latest build, but again it's probably safer to just remain on Stripe Checkout unless you've a card that could trigger 3DS to verify. I'm only able to test using the test cards Stripe provides and all that allow off_session work as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.500 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn