[SOLVED] privacy plugin

14 years 1 month ago #127189 by hooter
[SOLVED] privacy plugin was created by hooter
I have just installed the privacy plugin thinking it was going to solve my problem and wonder if someone can provide some help.

I need the user to be able to edit fields although not be displayed to other members accessing the users profile although they need to be searchable by site admins using restricted user lists. There was a setting that allowed private fields to be searchable. Any help would be appreciated.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/22 14:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127220 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:privacy plugin
The privacy plugin lets the USER decide if they want to show the field or not. You do not need the privacy plugin to hide a field from being displayed on profile. Simply edit the field from Field Management and set the parameter Show on Profile?: to NO.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127342 by hooter
Replied by hooter on topic Re:privacy plugin
WoW thanks for your quick reply, the problem i face is by removing it from the persons profile although addresses one issue, presents the issue that site admins cannot use it in user lists. Imagine a club membership number that is something that is not public knowledgde but is shared between the member and the committee.

14 years 1 month ago #127427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:privacy plugin
hooter wrote:

WoW thanks for your quick reply, the problem i face is by removing it from the persons profile although addresses one issue, presents the issue that site admins cannot use it in user lists. Imagine a club membership number that is something that is not public knowledgde but is shared between the member and the committee.

This can also be done without CB Privacy; create a new Tab in Tab Management and set it to be on position Not displayed on profile 1. Now edit your field in Field Management and set it to display on the new tab you just created. You now have a search-able field that does not display on profile. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127533 by hooter
Replied by hooter on topic Re:privacy plugin
Thanks for you help, this is exactly what i needed to do. So simple when i look back.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn