Kunena Integration / acces to forum

14 years 6 months ago #110016 by network92
Kunena Integration / acces to forum was created by network92
Hi

The Kunena integration work fine for me :P
Just a question is it possible to allow access to forum group ONLY to the members of the group in groupjive ?

In fact I would like members to have access only to forum only if they are in the forum group

I hope you understand what I mean ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #110108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena Integration / acces to forum
Access as in registered, special, etc? No, the purpose of the integration is to allow access to the forum category based on what groups they're in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #110112 by network92
Replied by network92 on topic Re:Kunena Integration / acces to forum
In fact I would user to have access only to forum category based on group they're in and only to forum category of group they're in...

If I have a forum for the group "rock" I would like there is only user of the group "rock" to have access at forum "rock" ...

Is it possible ?

Sorry for my english

14 years 6 months ago #110149 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Kunena Integration / acces to forum
Only group members have access to group forums, and I believe this is what you are asking.

At this time, the only way to access the group forum is from the group page, especially if the parent Forum is either unpublished or access to Super Admins only as suggested.

If I visit a public group that I am not a member of and click the Forum link, I receive a "You do not have access to this forum" message

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 6 months ago #111225 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:Kunena Integration / acces to forum
This isn't the case for me at all. Anyone clicking on "Group forum" in the group page can see the forum. Given there is currently no access control support within Kunena I can't imagine how this is working for you, unless some recent template update is doing it prior to Kunena access?

Even then it should still be a reasonably trivial matter for a user to recode a URL to access a private group forum.

I've implemented a solution using MetaMod that redirects unauthorised members -

Private forums with GroupJive and Kunena

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn