CP/GroupJive API

14 years 2 months ago #120271 by dethell
CP/GroupJive API was created by dethell
We are developing some custom modules and content related to our GroupJive memberships. All our groups are private/invite only. I'm just looking for a place to get started with the API so that we can have our modules perform the following tasks:

-Adding users to a group (within the API, not from within Joomla Administration)
-Listing all members of a group (I know there was some kind of module in the past that did something similar, but I can't find it now)
-Retrieving all joomla/cb fields for a given member of a group

I'm new to the CB API and GroupJive, but advanced with Joomla and expert with PHP. Up to now most of our development has been using plugins like JUMI to let us write modules and plugins directly in PHP without having to create full blown joomla modules and plugins.

If anyone could just point me in the direction of basic API documentation for GroupJive and/or CB that would be great. And then if you have specific pointers for what we're trying to do that would be better.

My last resort will be just to query the MySQL tables directly which I'd rather avoid if I can so I can be upgrade-proof!

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CP/GroupJive API
GroupJive has no API at this time; there will be API when the re-written GroupJive is released. You can find basic CB API documentation in the downloads section of Joomlapolis under Documentation folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122471 by crisscross
Replied by crisscross on topic Re:CP/GroupJive API
dethell wrote:

-Adding users to a group (within the API, not from within Joomla Administration)
-Listing all members of a group (I know there was some kind of module in the past that did something similar, but I can't find it now)
-Retrieving all joomla/cb fields for a given member of a group

David

I am trying to accomplish more or less the exact same thing as you so any progress you make would be nice to know. I am no expert at all but I need those features also.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds