Javascript error after CBSubs 1.0.2 install

14 years 8 months ago #106245 by vickipayne
I am getting a js error in IE - "Object doesn't support this property or method" - on all CB-related pages (My Profile, etc.). This only started happening after I installed CBSubs, a clean install of 1.0.2. The error goes away when I refresh the page, but reappears if I click the menu link to go to My Profile or any other CB link.

I have CB integrated with HWDVideoShare, so there may be a conflict with that integration + CBSubs. Do you have any suggestions? Does CBSubs need its own plugin to be able to integrate with HWDVideoShare cleanly? (Other than the javascript error, the integration seems to be working fine.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106251 by krileon
Could you please provide the full JS error, if it won't post simply add to a txt file and attach to your post.

Additionally follow the self help steps (all that are applicable) from the link in my signature. Report back if resolved or with requested information.

Thank you. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106289 by vickipayne
Replied by vickipayne on topic Re:Javascript error after CBSubs 1.0.2 install
There are no errors with Joomla error-reporting (even when set to maximum). There is just the error alert in lower left corner of IE, which says:
Line: 168
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support the property or method
Code: 0

It appeared on the site only after installing CBSubs.

Versions are PHP 5.2.9, Joomla 1.5.12, CB 1.2, CBSubs 1.0.2

Using Joomla Core SEF. Please let me know if you need any more info. I am sending a link to the site via pm.

14 years 8 months ago #106338 by krileon
The errors are coming from your video component and tab. You should re-evaluate what component and tab you continue to use or decide to ignore the errors. I suggest reporting problem to the developer to have it fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106375 by vickipayne
Replied by vickipayne on topic Re:Javascript error after CBSubs 1.0.2 install
Thank you. I might be willing to ignore the error, but the client we built the site for is not, so I'll contact the developer!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn