Confirmation Email Not Sent

14 years 8 months ago #107001 by bwarlick
Confirmation Email Not Sent was created by bwarlick
When a new user registers they are required to select a paid subscription plan. After registering, all is well except they never receive the email to confirm their email address. So, we ask them to try to login and they do and then they receive the email the 2nd time.

I have reproduced this about 20 different ways. Everytime I sign up as a new user the email is not sent. Then, I wait about 10 minutes and try to login with the username and password and get this message:

"Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email."

Within 10 seconds of this message, I consistently receive the confirmation email.

I have changed the global email settings to every combination and it does not change anything. So, at this point it looks like a bug. My tests are using off-line payment method, so maybe that has something do to with it.

Any ideas?

Post edited by: bwarlick, at: 2009/08/04 23:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Confirmation Email Not Sent
Was not able to duplicate, email confirmation sent fine.

Do you have a subject and body for the pending email in CBs configuration on the registration tab?

Did you override the email confirmation setting within the plans configuration on the workflows tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #107060 by bwarlick
Replied by bwarlick on topic Re:Confirmation Email Not Sent

Do you have a subject and body for the pending email in CBs configuration on the registration tab?

YES

Did you override the email confirmation setting within the plans configuration on the workflows tab.

NO

The confirmation email is not sent after the user pays. I have duplicated the issue many, many times.

The confirmation email is sent if the user tries to go back and login before they have confirmed their email address.

This leads me to believe that it is a bug.

When you attempted to duplicate the issue, did you use an offline payment method?

14 years 8 months ago #107064 by krileon
Yes I used offline payment method, did you click the link provided after clicking the offline payment button? You need to click this link to finalize the offline payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #107066 by bwarlick
Replied by bwarlick on topic Re:Confirmation Email Not Sent

did you click the link provided after clicking the offline payment button?

YES

Using CB 1.2.1 and obviously cbSubs 1.0.2

I just did an interesting experiment. I "unpublished" cbSubs and then registered a new user. With cbSubs unpublished the email is sent instantly the first time. So, at least I have it narrowed down to cSubs.

After I registered I got the following message which is replaced with the payment screen when cbSubs is working.

Registration Complete!
An email with further instructions on how to complete your registration has been sent to the email address you provided.

Please check your email (including your spambox) to complete your registration.

To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the username and password of your registration.

One more thing...in cbSubs, in the General Settings I have the following:

Show subscription plans at registration: Yes
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): Yes
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: Yes

Is that what you have?

14 years 8 months ago #107069 by krileon
No, There's no reason to have:

You're allowing free registered users and free plans at the same time. Unless this is intended I suggest (this is how mine is configured):
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: No

OR

Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): No

Are your plans exclusive or non-exclusive?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn