[SOLVED] Can I press the Pay Now button for users?

14 years 7 months ago #111791 by jdaumde
Hi,

I'm using CBSubs for a yearly membership subscription. Paying by paypal works fine, but there is also a Pay offline payment option.

It appears that most users using off-line methods however don't press the 'Pay offline' button, they simply pay. Therefore, there is no subscription record that can be activated.

When I go into the CB user list for these users, the subscription tab is simply empty.

Is there a way to create these subscription records from the backend. I've successfully used importing, but that i too difficult to explain to the end users of this site.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jochen

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/25 14:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111813 by krileon
If a record is never created then no, you will have to import the subscription. The plan should show on User Management depending on how you've configured the plan, backend respects frontend limitations to a point. A basket would be created and you can try from there to pay the subscription.

I suggest adding some large intro text to the instructions so users are informed properly to click the link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112051 by jdaumde
Hi Again,

I tested the scenario again. A record is actually created as soon as the user registers, they don't even have to choose a payment option, so my assumption before was wrong.

I now think that this is caused by members in the CB database, which are not active and then reactivate their membership. To solve the problem, I would like to import expired memberships for all past members.

The standard import function doesn't allow this, is there an easy way around this?

Kind regards,

Jochen

14 years 6 months ago #112095 by krileon
CBSubs import allows you to import based off a current or previous plan.

Import users from: All users from a given subscription plan
Source Subscription plan: Select the plan those users have

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112182 by jdaumde
Hi,

It works now. I kind of didn't realise that I have to switch all registrations to Enabled and Approved for my scenario. It is fairly logical, I just wished CBSubs would pick up a missing subscription record automatically, so that you can renew from nothing.

But maybe I'm overlooking scenarios where that doesn't make sense?

Kind regards,

Jochen

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn