Support for better blog than Mamblog

17 years 11 months ago #11499 by justberare
Replied by justberare on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
there is a new version of joomblog (2.2 RC4). I tried it for my website and it rocks !

available on the forge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11502 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
justberare wrote:

there is a new version of joomblog (2.2 RC4). I tried it for my website and it rocks !

available on the forge.

Yes but IS IT MULTI-USER???

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 11 months ago #11741 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Hello. Right now, I am finalizing the beta for a synchronization between Joomla and a multi-user multi-blog platform called LifeType. You can read about it here:

www.lifetype.net

What the synch does is allow the two systems to share user information. No, it's not a component unfortunately. It's a very minor hack - minor in that only a line or two is added to only a few (about 10) pre-existing Joomla files.

Both Joomla and LifeType remain standalone and can still function separately. I just don't see the point in wrapping a blog into Joomla when the purpose of a blog is to provide a user with a personal space. :P

Be that as it may, I am now about to conduct CB testing on my development server to make sure this synch doesn't cause any problems. In theory, it shouldn't because I don't alter or in any way touch Joomla's registration routine. I just want to be sure that the theory translates into fact. ;)

As soon as I've tested this with Joomla, I'll post back to let you know how it went. At that time, if anyone is interested, please let me know. I'm trying to get a worthy beta ready by the end of this weekend.

Regards,
Brat. B)

17 years 11 months ago #11863 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Hi Brat -- Good luck on this -- looks really cool! I'd like to use this, and would be happy to help test it out!

Dan

17 years 11 months ago #11908 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
I hate hacking my joom sites because I have 20 of them. Then I can't remember what hack went where and when there's a joom update it all goes to hell.

So a plugin or componoent/bot etc would be much better.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 11 months ago #11939 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Unfortunately, I simply do not have the time to convert this to a component. I know it can be done, I just don't have the time to do it. I'm only working on this due to my own desperate need for a multi-user multi-blog.

However, someone has attemped to do this, and, if you have a development server to test it on, you can download it from Joomla forge. Just do a search for plog (LifeType's original name) and you will find a complete package.

Be warned - the author is not a native English speaker, and the home site for the component is in French. But, if you really want a multi-blog solution, this is as close as I've seen readily available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brat B)

Post edited by: Brat, at: 2006/05/08 12:08

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn