[SOLVED] Can't edit content integration of plan

14 years 5 months ago #116012 by cpreston
Replied by cpreston on topic Re:Can't edit content integration tab of plan
Since what you're suggesting is a lot of work... ;)

I did something similar. I uninstalled all the plugins I didn't need, and voila! It works just fine. I was following the "install everything in case you ever need it" method.

Why would there be a conflict if all of the plugins came from CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116013 by cpreston
Working like a charm, now.

Thanks for all your help, Kyle.

14 years 5 months ago #116036 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't edit content integration tab of plan
cpreston wrote:

I did something similar. I uninstalled all the plugins I didn't need, and voila! It works just fine. I was following the "install everything in case you ever need it" method.

Because the integrations are trying to fire or detect components that don't exist, this can cause problems for any integration plugin whether from us or 3rd party. Always only install what ya need. ;)

cpreston wrote:

Working like a charm, now.

Thanks for all your help, Kyle.

Fantastic! Glad it could be resolved; let us know if you have any further issues. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116041 by nant
cpreston wrote:

Bad - bad - bad practice.

You should only install exactly what you need and only when you need it.

Installing hundreds of components / plugins / modules will only cause confusion, complexity and most likely open many security holes.

Keep you site clean and always follow latest developments of anything you have installed on it.

14 years 5 months ago #116042 by cpreston
I didn't have "hundreds" of plugins/extensions. I do have a number of joomla & cb extensions/plugins, but no more than I require. But I did have all the CBSubs plugins installed & published, partly because I wasn't sure what all of them did and I was planning on getting around to playing with them at some point.

The other comment that plugins that are installed without the companion piece (e.g. docman plugin w/o docman) can cause a problem, and I definitely had that.

Lesson learned.

14 years 5 months ago #116049 by nant
cpreston wrote:

Lesson learned.

That's the name of the game - the only true value in all of this ;)

Also, the CBSubs documentation attempts to give insight regarding the various integration plugins and when/if you need them - please review and suggest changes that could make things clearer for future readers.

P.S. The "hundreds" (in quotes) was of course an exaggeration - no offense meant.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/11/05 08:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn