Expiry emails not being sent.

13 years 2 months ago #150223 by adrianm
Replied by adrianm on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.
Hi David - Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem.

I am running CBSubs 1.0.3 and the expiry e-mails were being sent, but many subscriptions expired on 31/12/2010 and no mails were sent. Since then, I did the same tests as you and while the dummy subscription expires, the e-mail is not sent. E-mail texts are under the "presentation" tab and are unchanged from when the system worked.

I have another website sharing the server, not running CBSubs, and there are no problems at all with the server's mail function.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #150224 by adrianm
Replied by adrianm on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.
Is there any difference between the automatic e-mails that appear in the Presentation tab and those under the Integrations Tab > Email sub-tab?

The e-mail function is essentially the same. In my case the email details are completed in the Presentation tab, but blank under the Email sub-tab.

Could this be why the auto e-mails are not being sent even though an expiry event should be triggering an e-mail?

Post edited by: adrianm, at: 2011/01/06 01:15

13 years 2 months ago #150261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Expiry emails not being sent.

Is there any difference between the automatic e-mails that appear in the Presentation tab and those under the Integrations Tab > Email sub-tab?

Yes, the integration uses its own custom function for sending emails at various CBSubs triggers. If you don't need a specific TO address then there is no reason to use the Emails integration; simply use Presentation emails.

The e-mail function is essentially the same. In my case the email details are completed in the Presentation tab, but blank under the Email sub-tab.

If not using the integration please uninstall it. There's no reason to have unused integrations installed as it causes un-necessary load on your server.

Could this be why the auto e-mails are not being sent even though an expiry event should be triggering an e-mail?

No.

Expiration emails must be triggered. This is typically done by logging in and viewing the backend of CBSubs. You can configure this further within CBSubs > Settings > Global as of CBSubs 1.1.2 via Mass expire subscriptions method: to trigger are additional locations to prevent delays. Please review the parameter and ensure is configured appropriately.

Are you able to access mail server logs to see if an email even reached the mail server? Please contact your host for such details as they should have the logs (generally not readily available to users).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn