[SOLVED] Expiration emails sent out prematurely

13 years 8 months ago #139350 by gabatucson
Hello,

On August 2, CBSubs sent out at least 50 emails notifying members that their subscription had expired. ALL of them had expiration dates of 2011 or later and were not in any danger of expiring. I have some very confused members and one very confused webmaster(me!).

Any idea what may have happened and what I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Debra Harms

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/09 17:50

Debra Harms
GABA Webmaster

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139383 by krileon
Have you navigated to CBSubs backend frequently? It's possible you had expiration emails from a few months, years, etc.. back stored but never logged in to trigger them. This is resolved with next release as CBSubs will feature up to 3 different methods for triggering expiration's. Did the users have a parent plan or child plan that expired? Best approach is to review CBSubs > Subscriptions and see what has expired.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139412 by gabatucson
Replied by gabatucson on topic Re:Expiration emails being sent out prematurely
Thank you for your quick reply.

Forgive me for seeming dense, but I"m not quite understanding: I need to periodically (like every month) go into the CBSubs backend? I can do that if I need to.

I took a look at the subscriptions list and there are a lot of records with 7/30/2010 expiration dates on them, however, none of my members who reported getting this expiration email notice are on that list.

My main concern is: Is this going to happen again September 1? If so, can I prevent it by navigating to CBSubs before hand? How often (every day, once a week...)

Thanks again

Debra

Debra Harms
GABA Webmaster

13 years 8 months ago #139478 by krileon

Forgive me for seeming dense, but I"m not quite understanding: I need to periodically (like every month) go into the CBSubs backend? I can do that if I need to.

Yes, in order to trigger expiration emails. The use must login themselves or an admin must visit CBSubs backend to trigger emails. This will be addressed with next release.

I took a look at the subscriptions list and there are a lot of records with 7/30/2010 expiration dates on them, however, none of my members who reported getting this expiration email notice are on that list.

Are their plans actually expired? Please edit the user within User Management to confirm if their subscription is active or not. Please also see CBSubs > Subscriptions where their subscription should be active.

My main concern is: Is this going to happen again September 1? If so, can I prevent it by navigating to CBSubs before hand? How often (every day, once a week...)

I don't know, for the time being you should visit backend at least 1 day a week IMO.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139484 by gabatucson
Replied by gabatucson on topic Re:Expiration emails being sent out prematurely
OK Thanks!

I will visit the backend often this month.

For the 53 members that reported getting an email, only 5 of them were actually expired (since March and April). All of the others are active members. That's what is so confusing.

Thanks for your help. I await the next release.

Debra

Debra Harms
GABA Webmaster

13 years 8 months ago #139615 by krileon
It's possible some of them expired and renewed, but did not receive their email as you've not visited backend regularly. Yes, please do visit at least once a month. Next release will have this addressed with more triggers to fire off emails (such as by way of cron job, etc...).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn